Project Revision

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Project Revision

Hi all, I haven't been here in a while. I built an addition on my house...which forced everything I've been doing off duty to go on hold.
But I'm back, with a change in plans. 2 Days ago I found a 79 Z28, no motor/trans but solid body for $500. So, the red Camaro is soon to be "parts only".

I'm currently experiencing pic upload problems, but some will be coming soon.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Does anyone have any idea what a fair asking price would be for the nose and aluminum bumpers from my 77 would be worth. The uper portion of the nose is in really good condition, the lower is intact but would require a little work as the bolt holes that hold it in place are damaged. The piece is in good shape overall tho.
The bumpers are in good shape, the back bumper is flaw free, even the rubber molding is good. The front bumper is straight, but the molding is a little fouled up, it's all there, but cut on one end. Anyway, all sugestions are welcome. Pics to follow, photobucket is not cooperating. Thanks, ross

Old 07-24-2010, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear member

I would look on ebay and see if you can find similar parts to what you have and see what the final price goes for.That would give you a pretty good idea of about what to sell them for.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hey Ross, Glad to see your back on track, sweet deal on that 79 but i would keep both man. Once your done of one you still have your hobby. i never see 74-77's around me EVER, even though the rubber bumpers are nice i just cant bare to see it unless it really is scrap lol. but im sure you would get enough for the parts to help out on the new project, take the parts off, clean em up and maybe post some trade ads? some times good used fenders go for like $400 ea. but good luck with the new venture, can't wait to see some pics of the new addition.... the car lol, but if ya want to post one of the other new addition feel free lol.

joe

Old 07-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Overdrive Member

I don't see many either. Don't see that many second gens at all up here. They turn to dust.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I can't keep the '77. That was the deal with wifey. "Strip everything off it you think yhou'll need then get rid of it". So, that said...the 77 has holes in it I can stick my fist through and I don't have space for the whole shell. I'm gonna start stripping it tomorrow. There's not much really that's good on it. There's rust every where. The pass door is good, the rt rear qp is good, the spoiler is good, and the other stuff I mentioned above. I'm thinking about pulling the front subframe and suspension just for "good to have parts". I'm gonna pull the a/c cover, I know somebody was looking for one a while back.If anyone needs little stuff that I might have, let me know, I'll send it for shipping price only. I feel bad enough about killing this car, but there's just too much to be done to it.

[/IMG]
there's the new one. Don't know if it'll show up. I'm computer stupid

Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Overdrive Member

No pic. I know how you feel after killing my other car. I'm selling it one piece at a time. It has paid for many of the parts on my 80.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Somebody please walk me through the steps for uploading a pic???again...please?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, did you sign up for a free photobucket account? if so just upload the pics then edit, you can resize pics to fit better in the threads, i usually use preset large (640x480), copy and paste IMG code in the thread.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:18 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Quick Reply: Project Revision