Problems with a turbo 350

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:50 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Problems with a turbo 350

Hello, I recently put my new 350 in the car. It has a different tranny as well since its a non metric setup where my old v6 was metric. The transmission is not engaging. when the engine is running the tranny is in neutral. I figured it was a linkage problem but cannot see anything wrong with it. When the engine is off, it will shift but nothing happens ( its still in neutral.) I took out the neutral safety switch but that should not effect it since that only keeps the engine from starting when it is in anything but park or neutral. Any help would be apreciated. I am so frustrated that I am almost thinking of bringing it to a shop or buying a new tranny which is probally a waste of money. Thanks for the help guys. I am also posting this in general tech.

Matt Vogt

Old 07-21-2006, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Problems with a turbo 350

Is it a TH350 trans that you put in with the motor?
When you say neutral, are you refering to that because the car dont move when you move the shifter? or is it in park to where you cant even push the car?, and stays that way when you move the shifter.
Make sure the kickdown cable is hooked up and adjusted right,
this might sound like a couple of dumb questions but need to ask just in case. Is there enought fluid in it? and is the torque converter bolted to the flywheel?
Can you see the shift lever on the trans move as you move the shifter?
If that all is ok then you might have to drop the pan and make sure the shift lever is moving the shift valve in the valve body, sometimes those get missalined
Is the vac. modulator hooked up to full manifold vac.
One last dumb question, Is the driveshaft installed just messing with ya