Portland Swap Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Portland Swap Meet!

Any of you guys going to the Portland Auto Swap Meet coming up this Thursday-Sunday?
It's the largest auto parts swap meet in the country, and I always find something for the Camaro or one of my project cars! I'll be going to the Race Track section on Thursday, then hit the Expo next door on Friday! Lots of walking, but should be plenty of fun!

Old 03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
2nd Gear member

Wish I was in Portland.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:40 PM
2nd Gear member

Man that sounds awsome, I'd love to but maybe when I move to washington I can go. Brings back thoughts of the international swap meet/show my family used to go to in ohio.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Last year there was a complete front clip with bumpers for a 70 RS for sale marked $500! Of course that was after I had already purchased all my new sheetmetal for the Camaro! But I did find half a dozen other neat items I could use!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear member

You gonna take a camera with ya?

Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

No, I'm too busy running around looking for bargains to take pictures. This thing is huge, and it takes 4 days to see it all if you don't run past the stuff you don't need!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

I wish I could go but I don't really have any extra money to spend and if i go, i might be tempted lol and I'm going to hopefully get my engine complete and about ready to fire

Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

You should have waited to spend all that money! There's always huge bargains to be found there!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

First day of the swap meet. The drag strip/race track opened today! Must be 10 miles of boothes, and we walked every bit of it today! Started waking in the gate at 6:30am and didn't finish until nearly 4:00pm tonight! My feet are killing me, but there were so many great bargains I couldn't even think about them!
My buddy got a Edelbrock C26 dual quad intake for $60, and another got a Weiand tunnel ram for $30!!!!!! Another friend got a pair of US Mag 10"x15" slots for $60, and I got a pair of ols Ansen 10"x15" slots with Goodyear Eagle slicks for $100!!! I wanted another set of strip tires for the Austin so I could change to them when I run it down the strip.
Picked up a billet grille for the new Suburban for $5!!! Also got a hydraulic tubing bender with all the dies up to 2" for $80! When we left I could barely close the rear doors on the Suburban!!!
Oh, almost forgot! A surprise purchase that I couldn't pass up cause it was so cool! Saw one of those 26" ballooon tire chopper bicycles for sale. It has the ape hangers, stretched frame, heavy front forks, and an aftermarket 50cc 2 stroke engine kit! Bike is like new, and engine was brand new, just purchased within the last month! Got it for $300!!!!! Couldn't let go of it once I saw it, as there are people who actually will buy stuff right out from under you if you let go for even a second! Had to hang onto the bars and keep telling people that walked up to look that it wa sold. Barely got out of the swap meet with it, as people kept trying to buy it from me.
When I got home my 12 yr old grandaughter laid claim to it! She instantly fell in love with it, and I promised her she could buy it if she was willing to work it off helping her grandmother.
Tomorrow is the opening of the Expo side of the swap meet, and it's even bigger! I hope my feet hold up; I'm living on Ibuprofen now and probably tomotrrow too!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
First day of the swap meet. The drag strip/race track opened today! Must be 10 miles of boothes, and we walked every bit of it today! Started waking in the gate at 6:30am and didn't finish until nearly 4:00pm tonight! My feet are killing me, but there were so many great bargains I couldn't even think about them!
My buddy got a Edelbrock C26 dual quad intake for $60, and another got a Weiand tunnel ram for $30!!!!!! Another friend got a pair of US Mag 10"x15" slots for $60, and I got a pair of ols Ansen 10"x15" slots with Goodyear Eagle slicks for $100!!! I wanted another set of strip tires for the Austin so I could change to them when I run it down the strip.
Picked up a billet grille for the new Suburban for $5!!! Also got a hydraulic tubing bender with all the dies up to 2" for $80! When we left I could barely close the rear doors on the Suburban!!!
Oh, almost forgot! A surprise purchase that I couldn't pass up cause it was so cool! Saw one of those 26" ballooon tire chopper bicycles for sale. It has the ape hangers, stretched frame, heavy front forks, and an aftermarket 50cc 2 stroke engine kit! Bike is like new, and engine was brand new, just purchased within the last month! Got it for $300!!!!! Couldn't let go of it once I saw it, as there are people who actually will buy stuff right out from under you if you let go for even a second! Had to hang onto the bars and keep telling people that walked up to look that it wa sold. Barely got out of the swap meet with it, as people kept trying to buy it from me.
When I got home my 12 yr old grandaughter laid claim to it! She instantly fell in love with it, and I promised her she could buy it if she was willing to work it off helping her grandmother.
Tomorrow is the opening of the Expo side of the swap meet, and it's even bigger! I hope my feet hold up; I'm living on Ibuprofen now and probably tomotrrow too!
LOL Vall, sounds like a great time. Get yourself some of those gel insoles. Your feet will thank you.

Quick Reply: Portland Swap Meet!