orange valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default orange valve covers

does anyone know where i can find some orange chevrolet valve covers for my 69 camaro. My engine is a 307 V8 and i assume that any small block covers will fit. Got any ideas? any help is appreciated

Old 07-31-2006, 03:04 AM
June 2007 ROTM
Default RE: orange valve covers

The only thing that u need to be concern about for the valve cover is tall or short. Tall ones if u took the wiper motor out. If they are still there then get the short ones. As for orange I have never seen orange one most are chrome and paint wont look right if u went and had them painted or powdercoated, which i dont like the powdercoat would stick anyway. But just to let u know all valve covers worp(sp) in time from the heat off the motor.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:27 PM

I just took the origional orange valve overs off of my 69. My engine was a 396 so I'm not sure if they would fit.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:35 AM
In the Staging Lanes

im not sure if the 396 valve covers would fit or not, ive been told it depends how tall or short they are. is there anyway you could measure from the bottom of the valve cover to the top of it and tell me what it is, as well the length of it. I have been searching for these covers for a while now and would possibly be interested if they would fit thanks

Old 08-09-2006, 03:06 AM
1st Gear Member

396 is a big block and will not fit a small block 307
what exactly are you looking for ? stock tin valve covers that are painted orange? if so then yes any small block valve covers will fit as long as they are the type that have the outter bolt holes( later models have the center bolts ) and have the hole for the PCV valve, breather, and oil fill cap. Some covers are blue or black, all you need to do is clean them and paint them with engine paint. also some of the later ones will have braket on them for wireloom holders and look ugly to me
tall covers are aftermarket and you only need them if you have polylocks for the rockerarm adjusting nuts or a stud gridle
the 55-57 smallblocks have a different bolt pattern as the four bolts are not directly across from each other they are offset a little. thats why the gaskets have a duel bolt pattern on one side

Old 08-09-2006, 08:53 PM

The covers I have are 22 1/8" long by 6 3/4" wide and 2 1/4" high. They have the outer bolt pattern with three holes on top and four holes on bottom. Both covers have vents (breather and PCV) with rubber grommets and one cover has oil filler hole with origional rubber plug. I agree with firebird that they are probably the wrong size, but let me know.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

thanks wizard 148, i am currently not acessible to my car right now but will measure the covers tommorow and send you a reply. Firebird is probably right about them not fitting but its worth a try. I will let you know tommorow, thanks for the measurements

Old 08-11-2006, 01:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i measured my covers, and they are then same height but the length of them are different. Mine measured out around 18 inches. So i guess that the covers will not fit. Sorry and thanks for the help. I have one more question for you though, do you have any original camaro radios im in need of one.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:20 AM

I got valve cover also from a SBC short.
Let me know.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I believe these are what he's looking for. This is a shot of mine from my 307 '69 Camaro. (Please excuse the dirt. This is an older picture and it's all cleaned up and better detailed now with a rebuilt carb, new vacuum hoses, plugs, etc.)
[IMG] [/IMG]

Quick Reply: orange valve covers