not sure

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Overdrive Member

Well I would take it to a track. Again I quote my buddies licence plate frame "the bulls**t stops when the green light pops." My dad started me at about 15. Told me if I was ever caught street racing or drinking and driving he would "render my car useless." A run here a run there at test and tune. By the time I was 18 I had track procedures down.

I guess what I'm getting at is you never know when some 8yr old will dart out on his bike. Ever see what happens to a person that gets hit by a car going 60? Me neither don't wanna.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

LOL i was that 8 yr old but the lady driving was doing about 50km and i had some stiches and a broken arm.

what type of budget do you have for more hp?

Old 06-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Yea, and even if you don't hit him it's still your fault. I had a kid dart out on me when I was in hi school and I stopped, but the darn kid ran into the side of my car. I ended up having to pay his medical bills because they said he was too young to know any better. When I asked why his babysitter wasn't responsible they said she wasn't driving my car.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:38 PM

dat sucks ha

Old 06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

learn to drive well first, Smooth is Absolutely Key, if you're not Calm and don't feel comfortable with what you're doing its you brain saying YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT!!!
then when you get more experience you can start to learn what THE CAR CAN AND CAN'T DO!!

Truth is A Car Itself Can Be Fast... THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE DRIVER IS.

so just learn to drive the car , learn how to control it, learn exactly where the front end , back ends And Sides are, learn how to park it, learn how to get it into and out of Tight parking Spots and such.

DON'T RACE
the cops if they catch you will probably take the car and any license possibility you have for a while, and that will go on your record and probably mess up any opportunity For Any jobs involving Driving (even stuff like speeding tickets and such can affect this). not to mention theirs worse, like killing some kid or running into some soccer moms car and hurting multiple people!!! then all the medical bills will show up...

scariest close call i ever had was on my motorcycle i was riding down a Small Residential Street doing 25 just crossed an intersection and was about at the second house when this little Kid , i mean little like maybe 2 years old jumps out from behind a small minivan. (i didn't even see the kid go behind the minivan) he basically runs out at the side of my bike, as soon as i saw that i was leaning and trying to steer a bit away from the kid as i am attempting to Panic Stop. i literally missed the kid by about 6-8 inches if that.
it Absolutely sucked because i saw him and couldn't do anything about it but watch and hope not to hit him

a few other close calls that that but mostly me minding my own business and some dumb inattentive driver pulls some Crazy Stupid move

now think this is at 25mph not faster and i was aware of my surroundings not on the phone, Texting or other stupid distracting behavior
bad things can happen anytime anywhere be aware so you don't get a big repair bill or kill someone, or die

if you're gonna race Go To a Track do it right, besides then you got proof ( printout, time slip ,lap time, pictures video)

and for gods sakes look out for bikes WERE PEOPLE 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lynchingacers; 06-29-2010 at 02:45 PM.