New guy here....

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default New guy here....

Just posting to say hi! I will probably be dropping in here and there since I think I may be finally getting off my tail and doing something with my car. It's a 1970 Camaro that was a standard Camaro once upon a time. I picked it up over 20 years ago for $300, but it has basically been sitting for over 10 years now and it is time I go ahead and go through it completely. I have quite a few parts already purchased over the years, but still have a long way to go, but the majority of the work will be perfomed by me alone with the exception of interior fabric work and powder coating, which will be farmed out. Luckily, the powdercoating will be done by an aquantance in exchange for advertising, so that will be minimal, but like I said, long way to go at this point.

Intentions will not be a restoration, but rather, a complete rebuild to what my vision has always been for this car. Lightly modded in the engine compartment, with a heavy emphasis on suspension for handling. Interior will be mild with a redo of what is there now, which is a salt and pepper tweat and leather insets, but will also have a revised dash layout with aftermarket guages. I have an all metal cowl induction hood already, but still need to get a left fender at this point before getting into the body work. If anyone has any input about the best source for good panels such as the fender, that would be highly appreciated!

I am still struggling with what I want to do engine wise. I currently have a 4 bolt main 350 and 350 Turbo tranny, and can either revamp that or have been debating about going new school with a more modern engine with fuel injection. Still not sure which way I want to go with that one.....

This build will also be fully documented via photos, so I look forward to sharing that with everyone!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: New guy here....

Welcome to the board!

Should post some pictures of your car if you have them.

Theres other places to get body panels and what not from but heres where I get a lot of my parts from
http://www.classicindustries.com/index.html

Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Welcome! should be an interesting project to follow!
That powder coating connection is definitely a good one to have, I'd be using that one.

If I remember correctly, Summit Racing actually has pretty cheap fenders...

Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: brnyrdanimal

Welcome! should be an interesting project to follow!
That powder coating connection is definitely a good one to have, I'd be using that one.

If I remember correctly, Summit Racing actually has pretty cheap fenders...
Summit has fenders? I'll have to check that out..... Question is, what's the quality like?

cbr600rx7...... I assume you are into bikes as well? I am an avid rider with a large stable of bikes, and bikes are largely the reason this car has not been completed way before now!

I don't have any current pics in digital format, but will have to go ahead and get some soon. Temps suck for working on anything right now though...

Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

$170/side, also unsure of quality...

Old 12-05-2008, 07:21 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: brnyrdanimal

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

$170/side, also unsure of quality...
Good info. Thanks. I know Classic has them for just under $200 as well and there are a number of companies that list them on Fleabay for anywhere from $150 and up.

I need to replace my front spoiler too, which pisses me off. It got broken twice when loading on trailers for moving.