Need help looking at a purchase...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 01:26 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by rawrgobble
Oh wow! I should have had you do ALL my research for me! I bet you're pretty good at cooking too! It was the time and the place dude. Stop being such a jerk. If I had the entire united states to choose from, I would have...

Darkknight wasnt being a jerk about it, he was just stating the facts and showing you that when you go to buy a car you need to do research and find one for a good price instead of buying the first thing you see.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:14 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

dont be butt hurt it took me 5 min to find 3 better deals, just showing you that you kinda over paid, and thus showing thatd you be wayyyyy over paying for the maro

Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 81Camarosport
Darkknight wasnt being a jerk about it, he was just stating the facts and showing you that when you go to buy a car you need to do research and find one for a good price instead of buying the first thing you see.
Originally Posted by DarkKnight
dont be butt hurt it took me 5 min to find 3 better deals, just showing you that you kinda over paid, and thus showing thatd you be wayyyyy over paying for the maro
I'm not saying, but I'm just saying that I felt it was a little ****ish to come across that way. There are better ways to get your point across without putting someone on the defensive imo.

You are also looking in Michigan where the retail value of vehicles is about 10% - 20% less. The average cost of living in Seattle is over twice that of Flint, MI. That's why when you go on Kelly Blue Book they ask you for your zipcode. Price can vary regionally drastically just as with housing. That's also why I usually do not do my car shopping in a city where there are a lot of dealers. The same car I buy in the city I can get at a smaller dealership out in the sticks for a lot, lot less with better options. Living in many big (pop: 3+ million) and small (pop: 1,200) towns I can buy a car in the small town for 1000 and sell it for 1500 to 2000 in the city within a week. That's how my stepdad would make fast cash with old junkers when I was a kid.

It's even like that with food. A sandwich here in Raleigh that costs me 5 dollars would cost me 8 in Seattle. You can even go across your own state usually and see price fluctuations at chain fast food joints.

Now am I saying that he found/bought the best deals? No, I'm just saying what does it matter? All he asked for was some info and even admitted to saying that he didn't know that much and he's still pretty young (junior in college so assuming late teens, early twenties). Plus he's a new member possibly getting an older Camaro and keeping them on the road rather than junking it somewhere. We all start somewhere with learning about cars and we should be working to keep that alive. Not trying to make someone feel stupid.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by kyphur
I'm not saying, but I'm just saying that I felt it was a little ****ish to come across that way. There are better ways to get your point across without putting someone on the defensive imo.

You are also looking in Michigan where the retail value of vehicles is about 10% - 20% less. The average cost of living in Seattle is over twice that of Flint, MI. That's why when you go on Kelly Blue Book they ask you for your zipcode. Price can vary regionally drastically just as with housing. That's also why I usually do not do my car shopping in a city where there are a lot of dealers. The same car I buy in the city I can get at a smaller dealership out in the sticks for a lot, lot less with better options. Living in many big (pop: 3+ million) and small (pop: 1,200) towns I can buy a car in the small town for 1000 and sell it for 1500 to 2000 in the city within a week. That's how my stepdad would make fast cash with old junkers when I was a kid.

It's even like that with food. A sandwich here in Raleigh that costs me 5 dollars would cost me 8 in Seattle. You can even go across your own state usually and see price fluctuations at chain fast food joints.

Now am I saying that he found/bought the best deals? No, I'm just saying what does it matter? All he asked for was some info and even admitted to saying that he didn't know that much and he's still pretty young (junior in college so assuming late teens, early twenties). Plus he's a new member possibly getting an older Camaro and keeping them on the road rather than junking it somewhere. We all start somewhere with learning about cars and we should be working to keep that alive. Not trying to make someone feel stupid.
Thanks for all of that. I guess I came across more agitated than I meant to, but you understand. Thanks for sticking up for me! ...And yes, I'm 21. Still have a lot of learning to do.

See you around!
~Rawrgobble!