Need anyone's opinion: good deal or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need anyone's opinion: good deal or not?

I am selling my 70' Camaro and I want opinions on the price. I have it listed for $7000 and I know that is high but I think the originality of the car adds to it's value. It has everything listed in the ad and the interior is stock from 1970 with the deluxe package.All of which is still in good shape. The odometer read around 91K and judging by the protecto plate I found with the car, I want to say that the mileage is correct.....so I ask, is this good deal? Check out the listing here PLEASE :

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Old 06-19-2011, 09:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If it's not selling after a few weeks lower the price, thats all.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I got an offer for $4000 but I don't know if that's too low...I know it's not a matching numbers Z/28 or anything but still, I don't want to be pissed at myself later on for getting shafted on a Camaro that was nicer then I knew...

Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by tattoo400

I am selling my 70' Camaro and I want opinions on the price. I have it listed for $7000 and I know that is high but I think the originality of the car adds to it's value. It has everything listed in the ad and the interior is stock from 1970 with the deluxe package.All of which is still in good shape. The odometer read around 91K and judging by the protecto plate I found with the car, I want to say that the mileage is correct.....so I ask, is this good deal? Check out the listing here PLEASE :

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Can't check the listing, because your link doesn't work.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:17 PM
In the Staging Lanes

1970 Chevrolet Camaro for sale! (Monrovia)

Date: 2011-06-14, 7:56PM PDT
Reply to: your anonymous craigslist address will appear here
Okay, I am selling my 1970 Chevrolet Camaro. I hate to see it go but times are tough and I need to sell it. The details are as fallow's: ENGINE--1985+ 350 c.i bored .40 over to making it a 355c.i motor. I bought the short block with the crank and pistons installed already. The crank is stock and so are the connecting rods. It had flat top aftermarket pistons as well. I installed a Melling hi output oil pump and a Mildon "diamond tray" windage tray to the bottom end. It has a Comp cams Extreme Energy 268 cam, Comp cams roller tip rockers (1.5 ratio) guide plates and push rods/lifters. The heads are GM Vortec heads modified to accept screw in ARP rocker arm studs. They have 1.60 intake and 2.02 exhaust valves with bronze guides but no other modifications. The block is from an 85+ GM truck so it has the passenger side oil dip stick and 4 bolt main. It is topped with a Power Adder polished aluminum air gap intake manifold and a Barry Grant speed demon 650 cfm carb with vacuum secondary's. Ignition consists of an HEI distributor and MSD 6AL ignition box with MSD plug wires. The (distributor is set up for changing of the spring advance). It has a high performance mechanical Holly fuel pump as well. Energy suspension motor mount and other goodies. I am sure I am forgetting a few things so please call with questions. TRANSMISSION--Installed in early 2005 is a TCI Street fighter TH350 with a 2500-2800 stall converter (also uses a Energy Suspension mount). DRIVE TRAIN--freshly rebuilt and balanced drive shaft and the stock 10 bolt houses 3:55 gears and an Eaton positraction. BRAKES: Stainless Steel Brake Company (SSBC) Force 10 aluminum dual pot front calipers with cross drilled and slotted rotors. The rear drum where redone in 2004 with new drums and shoes (and pertinent hardware) Stainless braided brake lines up front as well. SUSPENSION: new shocks all the way around but the springs (coil and leafs) are all original....few Energy Suspension bushings here and there)EXHAUST: Hooker competition headers that bolt up to a dual exhaust with both cut outs (for open header driving) and an O2 sensor. The piping is a bit rough but it gets the job done and leads to 2 Spintech mufflers. They need to be re-hung (as the hangers broke off). INTERIOR: It has the stock 1970 "Deluxe" interior with the wood grain accents and 150 MPH speedo. Low back bucket seats and a B&M Z-Gate shifter. It has a Sony CD player going to 2 aftermarket 6x9's and 2 4x6's in the rear seat. headliner is in GREAT shape and the dome light works no problem. The steering wheel is a Grant and there is a Summit oil pressure gauge, sunpro water temp gauge, Autometer air/fuel ratio gauge and an Autometer tachometer with shift light. The horns do not work and the Electric fan is controlled by a switch on the dash. Also there is no canceling cam in the steering column so you have to manually turn on and off the blinkers. I believe there is a dash cover installed but it was there when I got the car in 2001 so not sure. I touched very little in the interior as this was going to be a drag car mostly. It was painted red with white stripes both on the rear spoiler and on the trunk itself. It had the paint and white vinyl top when I purchased it. The stock green paint in just under the red so I don't think it's been painted or abused a bunch of times (again speculation based off of the facts) WHEELS: it has 15 inch WELD drag lights (15x8 rear and 15x3 in front. OTHERS: Optima battery, chrome high amp alternator, Aluminum radiator, chrome valve covers,timing chain cover and oil pan. I know I may be forgetting some things so if you are really interested please feel free to ask! I got everything that is new on this car no more then 10 years ago and I rarely drove the car (it's a track car but it makes an awesome daily driver) There is at least 10K invested in this car and I am only asking for a bit over half that... I LOVE THIS CAR! and I am sure you will to, good car to take to the track and drive wherever in....my loss is your gain, please no low ballers, the price is $7000 OBO contact Jason at 626-488-6209...PLEASE NO CALLS AFTER 6 PM and please leave a message with a number to reach you at and I will call you back thanks

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Old 06-20-2011, 08:37 AM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i say don't go any lower, hold out you'll get it. around here they sell for $10,000 +

Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Cool, thanks!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Seems like a fair price to me. It's always hard to get what you're asking when you start at the price you want though. I'm sure everyone will assume you'd take an offer of less, so probably should have started slightly higher if you want $7k.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Overdrive Member

I think its fair too. Very honest description.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:19 PM
2nd Gear member

I completely agree,from the description and the pictuers,i would say you can definitely get $7k out of it,if you can hold out for the right person you should have no problem as that looks to be a really nice car.

Quick Reply: Need anyone's opinion: good deal or not?