My 1979 Z Build... Project DarkKnight

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

well my car will get there when its time, i cant drive it in the winter so why freeze my hands off to get it done now, i have plenty of time

Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Overdrive Member

Winter is when your supposed to do it. Then you can strut all summer. I hope I can drive mine this year. It would be nice instead of talking about it.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 AM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

I hope I can drive mine too. I don't even care if the body work is done. I'll drive it down to cruise night in primer. The bottom will still look nice, and the engine bay should look awesome. I need to find a motor to toss in it. I'm thinking ultimately an LS conversion, but I probably should make that a phase 2 project. I really can't believe that I am working too much in the winter time doing construction that I can't work on the car. It will help later on though financially.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I had mine torn down through most of the cruise season last year, and drove it to late summer and fall cruises in multi color primer, paint, and new parts. I was actually surprised at how much good response it got in it's multi color condition.
I wouldn't hesitate to drive one that way again! My Austin will be driven all summer this year while I finish bodywork. Wont bother me a bit!

Old 01-15-2011, 09:52 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 77nomad
I hope I can drive mine this year. It would be nice instead of talking about it.
I know the feeling man,i have had my car for almost 3 years now,and have only driven it one time,for about 3 minutes the day i bought it.I have been in a mad rush trying to get it done enough to hopefully drive it at the end of may,alot of people over on nasty,from here in Ohio are having a get together then.I went last year without my car,so hopefully i can get mine there this year haha.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Overdrive Member

See the car in my sig. 11yrs. Minus the 3 that it was sold to a buddy. (parked in his yard the whole time too) Drove it 3 times plus a tow home the night I bought it. I will never paint a car before I drive it again.

The car was savable then so I painted it never having the money to build the engine I wanted. I put one in and sold it before I could even start it. Put another in that was a stock rebuild. Then me and my GF at the time split. She kept the house. I left the car there for a few months while I got my chit together. In the mean time her "new" man slipped a hand full of bolts down the carb. When I went to start that one for the first time BOOM. 30 seconds tops. Heartbroke (entirely) I let it set until I sold it to get it out of the yard before the city towed it.

It wasn't until I bought it back. Again to save it from the city that I actually drove it. Once on the trailer. Off the trailer. Then the day I took that pic I got it running long enough to do the illegal roll through my dads part of town. No plates.

Last edited by 77nomad; 01-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:10 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

thats messed up of him to do that, but anyways i will be able to work quickly in the spring, and i dont really have that much to do to be driving it, so im just waiting

Old 01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Overdrive Member

LOL I just noticed the limenight under your screen name.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:30 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

yeah i asked for it to be taken off but someone seems to find it funny

Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
ATM
3rd Gear Member

When I was a mod, I would tag peoples signatures saying that "ATM was here". It was funny seeing how long it took for people to notice. Something like that though is an admin deal. That is really funny, you can't even change that one. lol

Quick Reply: My 1979 Z Build... Project DarkKnight