Moron on Craigslist....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Default Moron on Craigslist....

So today I look on good ol' craigslist for a unibody that might have the good parts necessary to cut and paste into my car. I come upon a 1979 Camaro up for parts. I call the number listed and get no answer. So about 2 hours later a dude that sounded about 20 calls back and proceeds to ask me why I called his phone. I said "You have a 1979 Camaro that you are parting out and I would like to find out what shape the unibody is in." This moron replies with "What are you talking about? Unibody? Are you talking about the front end?" I said "No the main body of the car. The subframe attaches too it and it goes from the firewall all of the way back." So long story short he basically tells me that instead of doing metal work he can sell me his bondo work and my car will be back on the road a lot faster. I said "Hell no I called about your unibody not your bondo services." He then proceeds to say "The internet and TV have your mind warped about bondo.... What year is your car?" I said "1980" Then he informs me that "You will never get a good return on that car if you do metal work" I then replied "I will not be selling this car I'm restoring it for personal use." He says "I can just bondo it up for you man." Then I said "You want me to buy your bondo services and you dont even know what the hell a unibody is?!?!" He says to me "Camaros are not even unibody cars... Do you even know what a unibody is?" My reply is "Yes" He then schools me with the fact that "Novas, Chevelles and Mustangs are unibody... Camaros are not!" I said "The Camaro in my garage is a F#$%^(* unibody." He then replys "Look at first gen Camaros the are full frame cars." Shortly thereafter he hung up on me. I shouldn't have even stayed on the phone with him arguing, but I was appalled by this guys idiocy. Who lists a Camaro to be parted out on Craigslist and then has no idea what a unibody is and then tries to tell you that Camaros arent unibody because he knows his **** and you don't. Then he says First gen Camaros are all full frame cars. This guy was a complete moron and I am just blown away because I have never run into a moron of this stature. He was an idiot......

Old 07-27-2010, 04:39 AM
2nd Gear member

Haha that's funny.I'd say good chance the guy probably does'nt even have the parts car,that's probably just his way to find people who are fixing up their car so he can try to "fix" it for them to make some money for himself haha.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

haha alot of people actually do this. they will say they have electronics and can put it in for you if you want and actually kill you on the install and thats thier scam. you really gotta watch out on craigs list. i think ive done 10 to 15 transactions on craigslist and have bailed on 2 just because when i arived something with the person didnt seem right. i dodnt get why the world is the way it is but people are strange. oh and him saying that the car will be work more if you do bondo work not metal work is crazy

Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Overdrive Member

Although most people know what a unibody is, you should just refer to it as a shell. Unibody refers to the constuction of the vehicle. I do agree the guy was a kook. Honestly the first time you wrote about a unibody it threw me just because its the first time I've ever heard it used in that context. Just trying to help. In my human relations class at school we talked about mirroring someones personality in order to put them at ease and ultimatly get what you want. I call it *** kissin, but it works.

P.S. Sometimes it doesn't work and you have to cut your losses and hang up.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:26 AM
1st Gear Member

wow its amazing that this guy even knows how to use a phone........

Old 07-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

No sense arguing with idiots. You'll never win, cause they're too stupid to admit they're wrong. When you wrestle with pigs you get dirty and the pig thinks it's fun. Might as well give up and keep looking further for the parts you need.