lots of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Default lots of questions.

I have an 80 camaro and I've started the teardown process. So far I've taken off the urethane cover and the fiberglass backing, both fenders the hood and the lights and the a/c unit. I started taking out some of the interior but I'm having problems with the manual window lever. I bought a tool from autozone and it worked on the first one ( i think i got lucky) but on the driver's side I can't get the thing to work right. Anyone know how to do these?

And also the seats. The front two bolts are obvious where to taken out but the back two I can't find a head for them. I can see them sticking out the bottom of the floorpans.

The rear seats, how would I get those out? I haven't looked very hard but I Didn't see any screws

Also This car has like 3 horns, which one is the right one? there is one attaced to the hood spring latch and another one that has two on it attached to the bummper brace.

Is there a book on how to tear these down or what? I looked at advance auto parts and autozone and lol they don't have anything back that far.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 AM
Default RE: lots of questions.

They make assembly manuals, I found mine on ebay.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM
1st Gear Member

the window crank is just liek a funny c-clip that kinda bent around its a pain tog et to if the door panel is there i still ahvent gotten my back on..but yea its just a dumb clip in a groove so if you kind alike get a flathead and wiggle it in there and spred it to just get it off thats probably what the tool does is just slide in the and seperate it so youll probably just ahve to sit down and fight with it for a while

the bolts might be under the carpet?idk

the rear seats push down and twards the trunk and they should just pop out (thats the butt part idk about the back)

and if it has more then 1 then most likley 1 wasnt working and some1 tried to just put in mroe so your best bet would probably be to just take them all out and rewire up a new 1(really simple)

and sry i say probably alot cuz im not 100% sure if its the right way to do things but they worked

Old 11-04-2007, 01:09 AM

yeah i finally got the window cranks off, the tool didn't help me at all lol, i ended up just using a plain old flat head screw driver.

I still couldn't figure out the seats. I reached under the seats and found the bolt that connect it. I couldn't visibly see it but I could feel it and the outside was round, so im assuming a torx or big alan wrench kind of thing.

lol dalton didn't u take ur seats out or anything? or u just don't remember?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 AM
1st Gear Member

for the back or front??...cuz when i got it it didnt have front seats at all and the back seat i only took out the bottom part

Old 11-04-2007, 06:19 PM

you just had to make me get out the ole scanner...

Old 11-04-2007, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear Member

Li0nhart> Nice, what manual is that from?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 PM

It's from the "1981 Fisher body service Manual....I got a whole set of manuals from Helminc.com when I first bought my 81 a year ago. I find that I don't really need the manuals that much as everything on my car is rather simple. this was actually the first time I used the Body Manual to look up anything....

They got em for '80 as well...$20.00...cheap!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

Still, it's something good to have for those of us who get a car with stuff missing in it. Helps us know what is supposed to be there rather than not knowing. In my case the rear seats are missing the hold in brackets and I had no clue what they looked like or where they went. Something like that would be helpful for me. Thanks for the link!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

thats wierd, i went to advance auto parts to get a haynes manual for my camaro, mine is a 81, but th book ranged for the whole 2nd generation, they probably don't have it in stock, but they were able to order and have it in for the next day, try advance again and see if they can order it, i think it was like a 25 book.

Quick Reply: lots of questions.