If you Have a Project, Show us some Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Default If you Have a Project, Show us some Pics!!

Hey so I thought I would start a thread about Project in Progress camaro's. So ifyou have a project that you want to show offthen post some pics and some details of what youwant todo to it or of what you are doing to it now!

Have Fun!

Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: If you Have a Project, Show us some Pics!!

LINK!! YAY!!!

https://camaroforums.com/m_271742/tm.htm

Old 01-11-2009, 08:02 PM

Heres My project.. near rust free just firewall and minor surface, thanks to the previous owner who replaced nearly everything, had a cracked block, which did make me mad but tuesday a 383 stroker is gonna be put in (320-340hp) rear airshocks, and i put 15" vintage american racings on it for now.. updates will come as i go..

Old 01-12-2009, 11:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

75 Camaro LT, bought last March, but due to a new job have had very little time to work on it since then. As Purchased:
Name:  75Camaro003.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  68.8 KB

A little work and new floorpans later:

Rebuilt LT1 bored .030 over
Name:  75CamaroBuild015.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  74.5 KB

T56 Trannie, going on the bench for a rebuild after the rear end (stock 10 bolt posi, just rebuilt with 4.10 gears) makes room for it
Name:  75CamaroBuild017.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  53.5 KB

Frame clip ready to go back on after underbody work; POR15, polyurethane bushings, stock brakes (for now)

Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Nice work!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:12 AM

Hello all a little infoI bought this 71 camaro inline 6 from a friend for 500 about 6 months ago. So farI did a conversion to a v8 1968 327 with a mild cam, edelbrock rpm performance,headers, 750 edelbrock carb, hei distributor I've been working on this car just on weekends has no rust at all but has minor dents. Here are some pics

Old 01-14-2009, 06:17 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

You guy know there is a thread about this stickied to the top?

Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 AM

hey brnyrdanimal, what are some main things to disconnect for a frame off? im planning on doing mine soon.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:01 PM

The Frame from the Body. hahah!LoL!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

just to get the frame off is pretty straight forward, pull the front sheet metal, can be done as a unit, but it's much easier to handle and restore a piece at a time, loose the core support, unless you left it with the front sheet metal (along with radiator, hoses, etc), loose the driveshaft, disconnect the steering column, brake lines, exhaust, and wiring, fuel lines, and anything else you see between the body and frame. Then it's 4 bolts to the body, you can drop the whole thing drivetrain and all if you want. If you're taking it down to the level I did, it takes some time. Basically, if you see a bolt, take it out, just put the bolts in a zip lock bag, use a sharpie to label the bag with what bolts are in it. By the time you run out of bolts to take out you'll have a pretty big box of bags and a big pile of parts to store somewhere. Pull the motor and every other part off the frame, then it's time to start on the suspension, which is the tricky part. With the susp. at full droop, your springs still have a lot of pressure on them, and you have to be very careful to *safely* remove the springs. A coil spring compressor works, but can be very dangerous, I had some close calls with mine. I wish I had taken more pics along the way, I could do a whole thread on replacing the control arm bushings, which was a major project even with a 40 ton shop press in the garage. I would almost recommend paying someone to do this part unless you're feeling frisky or you just, as in my case, want to be able to say you did everything yourself, with nothing farmed out.

Quick Reply: If you Have a Project, Show us some Pics!!