how and when did you get your camaro....???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Default how and when did you get your camaro....???

what was the story behind getting your camaro(s)???

Old 05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
May 2007 ROTM
Default RE: how and when did you get your camaro....???

I had a 1968 Olds convert 442 that I was restoring... Some local hot rodder was trying to buy it for years, and I told him if he finds a good camaro I'll trade but till then it's not for sale. After 4 years he had a 74 camaro that he was building a 454 for the track...stoped by and seen that I painted the cutlass, He showed me the camaro, I took a drive in it almost shat my pants and jokingly said I would trade in a second.... At that point the guy couldnt get to my house fast enough to drop off the camaro.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear member

I seen it...

Old 05-20-2008, 10:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

My cousin bought the car new she drove it for 10 years then bought a stealth and drove the Camaro in the winter to save the stealth I seen her as told her she was crazy for doing that enventually the car was parked in her garage because the fuel line rusted out. I boiught it for $500 not running the floor pans needed replaced/patched I actually thought it was worse than it was and turned it into a drag car.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Ordered mine from the factory>[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 05-21-2008, 01:35 PM
1st Gear Member

i was actually lookin for a 70 nova when i came across mine.my dad and i wanted to find a car to fix up for my first car and i love novas(still do but still cant find one i can buy lol) and we stopped to talk to his freind to see if he had any leads ona solid novaand i was just kidna walkina round and my camaro was behind his shop up to the subframe in mud. so i kidna asked about it and it was a guy who worked for ym dads freinds car and he was actually tryin to get rid of it.so we went back and looked it all over and for 400 bucks i ahd a rust free camaro lol(rust was main reason 90% of the novas we saw were no good)....from there i learned the basics in building the motor ,assembaling and fabricating some interior parts, and very bad bodywork(at the bodywork and painting stage i ahd ahd my licesnse for a week and just wanted it done so it wa sa quicki job) lol... so yea ia ctually got into camaros on accidentially but glad i did ...my cars anever ending project ....

Old 05-21-2008, 06:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I have always loved a 1st gen camaro. I didn't really like the 2nd gen too much. I watched Transformers and they grew on me. (NO I didn't buy my 2nd gen because I wanted bumblebee). A kid I go to school with recently bought a 79 base from one of his friends. He was looking to sell it for what he paid, $800. I decided to look it over, expecting a real P.O.S. for that price. When I discovered that the original 305 had been swapped out in favor or a 350, and the entire floor panel didn't even have surface rust I bought it. In fact there is only minor surface rust on parts of the engine and under the hood, and the front fenders each have a small hole rusted through, everything else is SOLID. It hadn't been licensed since 98 and had no carb so I figured the motor was junk. I got a Carter AFB, rebuilt it and put new plugs and wires. A little starting fluid later and it ran like a champ. Even passed emissions with zero tweaking. The trans needs re-built due to metal in the pan but it doesn't slip or shift funny yet. 76K original miles and one big grin every time I drive it. I love my Camaro.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear member

my camaro was my dads he got it back in around 1985for $1800with the stock two barrel carb 350 with 145hp it stayed that way forawhile then you got tired of the two barrel, so he found a 4 bolt main 350 bored .30 over, fuilee heads port and polished 2.02 intakes, the motor put out 375hp to the rear wheel but that was over 15yrs ago and is now puting a nice cloud of smoke when you start her but she has yet to lose to any ford or imports, other than that it was red with a white vinal top stock interior which was white. all three of my sisters drove the car and crashed it not to mention my mom crashing it to, on of my sisters hit a deer doing about 70mph but it only bent the top part of the fasia and broke the grill a little, it has been repainted about 5 times but is now primer black, my dad finally passed it down to me about a year ago, when i got it i sold my truck and put new carpet,redid the suspesion front and back,tune up on the motor the normal stuff,new front brakes, new front driver side fender (just the rest of them to go) new badass stero, soon to have cherry bombs exhuast. i drive it every day and i drive it like i stole it. and in about thirty years i should have it completly done lol.

so thats how i got my first muscle car and i will have it for ever and ever.