Hey Y'all New guy here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 PM
73Z
February 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Hey Y'all New guy here!

Hey guy's just tooling around today and found this site and seems pretty cool. I usually hang out at Nastyz28.com but some how found this site thru a link. Any way just wanted to say hi and introduce the ride. Here she is

Old 07-10-2010, 02:17 PM
73Z
February 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Almost forgot. Here is what it looked like the day I bought it and yes I did it myself and no it is not a trailer queen.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
3rd Gear Member

badass camaro you got there! what's the drivetrain look like? and what color yellow is that? that's the same color i want to get mine painted and I also want to add the SS stripes when its time for me to get mine repainted

Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM
2nd Gear member

Welcome to the forum,and that is a sweet ride you have there.If you stick around for a while you will notice alot of us on here that frequent nastyz28 as well.Way i see it you can never find to much info haha.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
73Z
February 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by jason7504
badass camaro you got there! what's the drivetrain look like? and what color yellow is that? that's the same color i want to get mine painted and I also want to add the SS stripes when its time for me to get mine repainted
Thanks Man! 383 Currently pulled for a rebuild and upgrade, Tremec TKO 5 speed and 12 bolt 373 gears. Color is Viper yellow

Old 07-10-2010, 03:10 PM
73Z
February 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by B.M.
Welcome to the forum,and that is a sweet ride you have there.If you stick around for a while you will notice alot of us on here that frequent nastyz28 as well.Way i see it you can never find to much info haha.
Thanks B.M. Nasty Z definately helped me out when I was building my car and your right about the info.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Overdrive Member

Is that the one on the Spector site? I see their cold air kit. Let me ask a few more questions. Your car is right in line with the way I'm headed.

Do you think that cold air kit would fit under a stock hood?
Is there a carb spacer on there?
What intake and motor mounts are in there?
Can I drive it, I will leave a deposit for tires?

If you can't tell I'm tryin to fit my motor under a stock hood.

And I'm glad Mike and Joe do there own work. Are they doing the motor on the show?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
73Z
February 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Is that the one on the Spector site? I see their cold air kit. Let me ask a few more questions. Your car is right in line with the way I'm headed.

Do you think that cold air kit would fit under a stock hood?
Is there a carb spacer on there?
What intake and motor mounts are in there?
Can I drive it, I will leave a deposit for tires?

If you can't tell I'm tryin to fit my motor under a stock hood.

And I'm glad Mike and Joe do there own work. Are they doing the motor on the show?
It is not the car on the Spectre website, but it is their kit. That is what was installed by the guy's at Horespower. I do believe it will fit under a stock hood. I have a Holley Street Dominator intake which did have a carb spacer on it but we had to remove it for clearance. I have the stock motor mounts in poly and no you cant drive it

Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Overdrive Member

Well I forgot to welcome you so, welcome. I also float around on the Nasty site. I just posted a pic on my progress thread worried about hood clearance. I want a stock hood in a bad way so the specter kit is probably in the cards. I hope you hang out here for awhile. We're a smaller group here. My name is Damon.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 73Z
Thanks Man! 383 Currently pulled for a rebuild and upgrade, Tremec TKO 5 speed and 12 bolt 373 gears. Color is Viper yellow
oh that's pretty sweet! how much hp are you looking for with the rebuild? Oh sweet. Then that's what i want, Viper yellow

and as others have said I'm also on nastyz28