Got a pic of your Camaro? Lets see it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got a pic of your Camaro? Lets see it!

ORIGINAL: ls1s13

thats a nice maro 78LT350thats a nice car,what seats are thosebut my dad says "import racing seats in a american car is ghey" lol but he's all american guy never ownd a foren car in his life lol
Thanks. The seats are called Netami, made with carbon fiber thread. Your dad has every right to think what he wants, but I think the word he was looking for is badass. :P I was tired of sliding around in my stock seats when I was going around turns, my new seats; however, lock me into place. This is why I purchased 'import' seats.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: kyphur

Ryanizzle> Which ones are the new wheels? The third gen or the second gen wheels? I assume the earlier 2nd gen z28 wheels with the chrome trim rings since you have pics of just that. Nice car, how old is the paint job? I too have a 74 LT Z28. Does your have the turbo400 tranny and is it a vinyl top or just painted that way with a trim liner going around the back?
correct, the z28 rally rims are my current wheels, but i still keep the 3rd gen rims as track wheels for the future since they're a lot lighter.

from what i can tell based on the fresh chips on the paint, its apretty recent paint job...it is a pretty nice red lol. i like your red too tho, way better than mine haha...i have a stock 350 tranny but my uncle who owns the same year camaro has a 400. mine has a vinyl top but its not a factory vinyl; the previous owner only put it to cover up the rust that was forming, which he didn't eventake care ofbefore installing the top -_- so yeah i have a rust problem on my hands too lol

78LT350, i have to agree, props on the seats, i showed my friends (they all have hondas, etc) your interior and they were pretty impressed lol. my interior needs a complete facelift and i was debating between oem leather seats vs. a custom import-based upholstery; seeing your seats made it harder to decide haha

Old 12-13-2008, 08:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

Ryanizzle> Yeah, I thought the top looked non-factory but it still looks cool. Sucks that he didn't do the prep work to make it worth it. I don't think you would be saying that you liked my red once you got within about... oh let's say... 150 yards, ha ha. She takes pictures really well but she does need some body work and a new paint job done. Still, it's a sharp car.

I was thinking about going with either these seats or these. They look old school but have the sides bolstered and have lumbar support.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks Ryanizzle. haha, It makes me happy that your import friends liked my interior I wanted a more modern look to her since my 78 LT was all nasty poop tan inside...so, I made her into black and tan I, too, was debating over oem vs racing seats...what won me over was the constant sliding around corners (at a high speed) and I couldnt get a good feel for the car. I also want to transform her into pro-touring...but thats later down the road. Good luck with your car and choosing seats

Old 12-18-2008, 02:07 PM

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Camaro025.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Camaro004.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...amaro003-1.jpg

Hers my baby. its a 1973 split bumperdoesnt look like much now but she is going to be a beast when I get done!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 04:27 PM

Old 12-20-2008, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I like your shop Andy! very nice project too, she's gonna turn out a real beauty!

Old 12-21-2008, 10:17 AM

thanks. shes a project alright. the frame is off getting fixed because the body mounts on the frame were rusted out and then the frame is getting blasted and painted

Old 12-25-2008, 07:15 PM

Here's mine!! Home built 383 stroker.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:29 PM

I think I posted 2 of these in my "I'm a newbie" thread a while back, but here it goes again in the 2nd Gen forum. My old '79 Z28 I had in high school (1990-92):
Name:  camaro2.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  camero.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  23.8 KB

This is a new pic I got when I was back home over Christmas!
Name:  2ndGen.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  59.2 KB

Quick Reply: Got a pic of your Camaro? Lets see it!