Got nailed by the man

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:46 AM
2nd Gear member
Default Got nailed by the man

Wll it finally happend, I got my first speeding ticket in my Z. Cop got me on on the gun as he was comming towards me, 61 in a 45 he says. I don't see how, I was only turning 2500 RPM with 3.08 gears turning 255/60's should only be around 53-55 MPH, Which was still speeding so I did'nt argue with him. At least he was cool enough not to nail me on the no seat belt and lound exhaust (straight side dumps with cats he he).

Old 06-03-2006, 12:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Got nailed by the man

Should have acted all polite to the cop and then taken it to court. My buddy did that with his 91 RS...I'm sure his exhaust wasn't as loud as yours, but he had flowmaster american thunder on there. Cop gave him a ticket even though he wasn't shooting radar (I dont know how that works) but my buddy faught it even though he really was speeding. He just told the judge that he had it at low RPMs in second gear and the cop was just going by how much noise his exhaust was making.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Got nailed by the man

If you want to go fast and avoid tickets, you need to travel in the stealth mode: Keep the noise way down, no window tint, no engine parts sticking out of the hood, keep big tires inside the fenders. Don't rely on a radar detector, contrary to what is advertised, they don't help with instatnt on radar, or lidar. By the time they beep, you have been nailed. If you want to go to court, and have been nailed with a speed gun, bring a lawyer that specializes on traffic tickets with you.