Dual quad setup question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Dual quad setup question

Does anybody know if when you have a dual carb setup if there is a way to turn on/shut off one of the carbs for gas milage on the street and for power whil on the track or while racing. ex. disconnecting throttle cable from one and driving on only one carburator?

Old 03-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Default RE: Dual quad setup question

I have never heard of something like that for carbs at all. Definately you should look into it though.
I know if you go with a fuel injection setup you can setup your ECM so you can change between different fuel map setups.
Have a setup for fuel economy and for when you hit the track.
Thats the only thing i can think of right now.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:30 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

The 1st gens had the set up you are describing. If you dont have it what kind of set up do you have or are you just asking for GP. I have a 73 super beetle with dual carbs, they are independent of each other (other than the throttle linckage) and go into 2 different intakes. If the 2 you are asking about go into the same intake manifold, I would imagine it would work. I am sure other problems would surface because of it though.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

If your dual quad manifold has a common plenum, then you can configure the carbs so they are progressive (run off the front primaries on the back carb) until you move the throttle so far, then the other carbs primaries could kick in.
try:
http://www.offyparts.com/product_inf...df0db70c04e93e

G

Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uradumass5695

Does anybody know if when you have a dual carb setup if there is a way to turn on/shut off one of the carbs for gas milage on the street and for power whil on the track or while racing. ex. disconnecting throttle cable from one and driving on only one carburator?
Never heard of that, but what you really want to do is run off of the primarys of both carbs anyway. The 2 primarys will be smaller and use less gas than the primarys and thelarge secondarys of even a single carb.
But if your like me and have a lead foot, it won't make a difference....

Old 05-14-2007, 01:15 PM
3rd Gear Member

Edelbrock has a progressive linkage that's designed to run off the primaries of one of the dual four barrels at low engine speeds.