almost nine months and still wainting

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Default almost nine months and still wainting

ok in a previous post it was just turning 8 months of my car in paint but now itll be 10 months on the third and the car is showing little progresss i am considering giving the guy his 700 bucks and taking my car somewhere else because hes done seven hundred worth of body repair the thing is the car has shown very little progress in the last 4 months hes had problems and all but that was in december and now that he is back on his feet still nothin what do u think

Old 03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

I'd ask him straight up if he's gonna get crackin' on your car. Do you think he's holding out for more money or just doesn't care?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm in complete agreement with Pablo63. You gotta ask him what's up. He may think you are not in a hurry to get it back, since you were patient with him during his problems, so it may not be one of his priorities. Once you talk to him and let him know your intentions, he'll either get off the dime, or you take your car back.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
2nd Gear member

I know you said before how he does good work with paint and all and at the time you said you didnt mind the wait,but personally i would have to really consider my options at this point.First off i would talk to him about your concerns,maybe he is wanting you to take it elsewhere and just doesnt want to say it,but at this point i would ask him when and if he will be done.Although it could be that if you pay him for what he's done so far that might get him motivated to get some more done,money is a big motivator for most people.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Angry

Originally Posted by B.M.
I know you said before how he does good work with paint and all and at the time you said you didnt mind the wait,but personally i would have to really consider my options at this point.First off i would talk to him about your concerns,maybe he is wanting you to take it elsewhere and just doesnt want to say it,but at this point i would ask him when and if he will be done.Although it could be that if you pay him for what he's done so far that might get him motivated to get some more done,money is a big motivator for most people.
the thing is as long as its takin him to get this far im worried if i give him the money it will be a loss either way u know at first i was understanding with his personal problems and all but now its getting ridiculous and i want to et my car back with out having to confront him because hes a freind of the family but at the same time this car is like a child to me considering how much ive done to it and i think its bs that i dont have it back

Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

don't worry about the guys feelings, just ask him whats going on cause 10 months is not what you had in mind. sure you said your not in a rush but 10 months! i would be going crazy.

i've been waiting for my body man to come to my garage for about a week then i had to cancel (tues), but he said he would come a couple days later (thurs), and still no show or calls or answers and i'm furrious lol.

the nice weather is here, tell buddy to get a move on or move on. If it's your baby like mine is to me, i'd have it back by now.

And, my bodyman came and estimated that the amount of time to get ready for primer was 2-3 good days. Now, my car isn't that bad, i needs the body line straight again and some dents taken out, the only welding i need to do is my floors.

but if he is a good friend he should understand your situation

just my $0.02

joe

Old 03-28-2010, 05:36 PM
1st Gear Member

the only hting thats holding me up is that ive heard that for a body shop to complete a paint job that it would cosst more than for them to do it normally and i think that im going to save up 2500 dollars and if the car isnt out by then then ill give him his seven hundred (which has been put back for ten months now) and go somewhere else and if it is out then ill get my interior done either way im starting to get frustrated and it should take me about a month to save up the money and ill go from there

Old 03-28-2010, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member

and 700 hundred is his estimate for paint not mine

Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem with a guy who painted my truck for me. Him and his wife had gotten a divorce while he was working on it. So something that was suppose to take a a couple of weeks turned into six months. I finally told him he had a week to get it done or I was going to take the truck and not give him a dime. He got it done in 5 days. So I payed him half of what we agreed on. He complained and said that wasn't the deal. I told him the deal was it would be done in a few weeks not six months and he is lucky I paid him at all. So the point is put your foot down and stick to your word.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by heartbeat_jr
and 700 hundred is his estimate for paint not mine
Ok i forgot in the last thread you said $700 total,it threw me off in this one when you said he did 700 worth of the work so far.Yeah i definitely understand not trying to confront him,but i would think if you are nice and polite(i know how hard this would be in a bad situation)and explain your concerns to him,maybe there's a chance that he either does'nt want to finish it but does'nt want to get you mad,or it's possible that he figures you are not in a hurry and he can get to it whenever.I would stop by,say your just wanting to check in to see how the progress is going,and casually during the conversation,just throw it in that you'd like to know when it should be done,and i know you've had some problems so i just wanted to make sure your feeling up to finishing the car,if not i'll be happy to take it somewhere else if you don't think your up for it.I think he would be understanding of the fact that it's been a long time and that your getting anxious to get your car back.

Quick Reply: almost nine months and still wainting