80 camaro needs a few things

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Default 80 camaro needs a few things

I just bought an 80 camaro and it needs alot of parts for it. The interior is all tan and i want to convert it to black, also it has rust on the floor pans and the rear frame rails. and a couple other things including taillights, headlight bezels and some chrome molding

I need some help on knowing where to go to get some quality parts for cheap. I hate when the chrome moldings come and you can see where they bent them and about 2 weeks later the chrome is coming off and the plastic is showing. and the tailights get a haze over them. So really any sites that you guys use would help me out.

btw i love the way these forums look, lol

Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default RE: 80 camaro needs a few things

www.ecklerscamaro.com www.nationalpartsdepot.com www.paddockparts.com .get on these websites and you can get a free catalog.get ready to spend some money and if i was you i would be prepared to do alot of the work yourself..most of the interior panels will have to be replaced due to crumbling and age .you can look around in the salvage yards for some of the parts but depending on what your looking for it will probably be in the same shape your stuff is in or worse..when i built my car the taillight lenses were not available yet .i had 6 pairs and i picked the best andthrew the rest away.hope i helped you out

Old 10-25-2007, 09:26 PM

thank you, that helps me alot!

the only thing i can't understand is the dash. they offer dash caps which cover your dash you have now, then they have 2 kinds of dash pads; one that is the actual piece im looking for and is an exact replacement for the dash(just take old one out put new one in) and then theres the other one that is a piece of carpet like thing that goes over your dash to protect it.

I can't ever figure out which one is going to be the right one, because most of the time the pictures look like they're going to be the right thing and they turn out not to be.

I'm assuming a urethane dash pad would be the correct one,

Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 PM
July 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

didnt cover my dash,i just replaced the whole thing.the only problem i had,the replacement isnt exactly like the original and my gage bezel,the black cover for the gages want fit back in place right.i just got it stuck up in place,none of the screw holes line up and there is nothing behind the holes to drill out so that i can put some screw in it.the opening in the dash is to small for the bezel

Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

yearOne and classic Industries are also a option for parts for your camaro.. I have bought things from them and I also have replaced my interior from red to black. you should also try ebay I have bought a lot of things for my car from ebay.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:38 AM

yeah i've looked at year one but they don't seem to have hardly anything for the 80 camaro's I'm not sure if 78 and 79 parts will work on an 80 I mean there's not that much of a difference.

and classic industries is looking like a great site. thanks!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
1st Gear Member

no problem.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:24 PM

how did you guys go about removing the rust from the top of the roof and the trunk lids and other places like that? This one has some surface rust on the roof and a couple other places and I'm just wanting some input on how you guys did it.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtieguy
when i built my car the taillight lenses were not available yet .i had 6 pairs and i picked the best andthrew the rest away.hope i helped you out
they still don't make taillights for them. I've looked everywhere.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

what I did is I used zip strip on my car totaly took it down to bare metal then I went over the whole car with a da and sanded it down..

Quick Reply: 80 camaro needs a few things