78 camaro z28

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Default 78 camaro z28

i have a 78 camaro z28 yellow, orange and it is the one in a lot of old adds i c how rare of a camaro is this? and i have another ? what would i have 2 do to put a 80 or 81 back glass in it with a rear defroster

Old 01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

the car is not real rare but 2nd gen camaros are getting harder to come by and that back glass should fit in there with no problem if you know how to set it and your pretty good at wiring if not take it to your local glass masters and have them put the glass in for around 100 bucks and take it to a car audio place and see if they can help you with the wiring/ switches and it sounds like a nice car post some pics

Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

You'll need to install a switch and fuse it off the fuse block, then run wiring to the rear window underneath the carpet. If you don't have the original factory switch you can buy an aftermarket switch, but be sure it's rated heavy enough for the defroster load, and be sure to fuse it at the fuse block with the right size fuse.
You should also use a switch with an indicator light, (or add a light) so you don't forget it's on. Be sure it's wired to a fuse that's only on when the key is on, as that way you wont forget to turn it off!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by heartbeat_jr
the car is not real rare but 2nd gen camaros are getting harder to come by and that back glass should fit in there with no problem if you know how to set it and your pretty good at wiring if not take it to your local glass masters and have them put the glass in for around 100 bucks and take it to a car audio place and see if they can help you with the wiring/ switches and it sounds like a nice car post some pics
see from what iv read and looked up myself on websites such as nastyz28 and another i cant rember they both said that there where 2,311 painted this color and all that where where Zs my main concern is finding the right paint color the vin says 34u but idk if they even make it any more the car has all original paint and is faded

Old 01-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Overdrive Member

"my main concern is finding the right paint color the vin says 34u" As long as you have the factory paint code any compiant paint supply store will mix it for you. Nobody will have a particular color, they simply have a recipe for a given code. BTW seeing yours makes me want to paint mine yellow next time.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
1st Gear Member

well you get the pigment numbers and the name of the color for example my car is getting painted now and i used the paint codes off of an 07 vw r32 its magma orange and what i did was found somebody eith a magma orange r32 and got the pigment numbers off of the touch up marker that came with the car from the factory. you could get the name of the color and google it and look for pigment number with your paint name and heres a pic of the car i got my paint from its close to yours but its got pearl in it heres it from two angles
[IMG]images[/IMG]

Old 01-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by 77nomad
"my main concern is finding the right paint color the vin says 34u" As long as you have the factory paint code any compiant paint supply store will mix it for you. Nobody will have a particular color, they simply have a recipe for a given code. BTW seeing yours makes me want to paint mine yellow next time.
lol yea and thats the original paint, i just took alot or rubbing compound and buffed and buffed 2 where it is now and when i took the hood scoop off it was still like brand new paint under it

Old 01-17-2010, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

http://a580.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...1d8c0d59eb.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/...fdfed0da_o.jpg

there we go here is the color from two different angles like i said its kinda close to yours and im puttin 2 black z28 stripes down it i think it should look good

Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I hope you're not getting VW emblems for the grille!

Old 01-18-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by heartbeat_jr
http://a580.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...1d8c0d59eb.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/...fdfed0da_o.jpg

there we go here is the color from two different angles like i said its kinda close to yours and im puttin 2 black z28 stripes down it i think it should look good
should look real good pretty close in the one pic, but a lil 2 orange in the other add a few more pigments of yellow and it should be prtty close tho lol