76 _camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If I were you, i would forget about the paint job for now, especially if you want to embarress people at the light. I've noticed more and more people believing that if a car has rims and a paint job its the fastest thing on the street. I would forget about making it look good on the outside until you have the power you desire. But that's just the way i look at it.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion
If I were you, i would forget about the paint job for now, especially if you want to embarress people at the light. I've noticed more and more people believing that if a car has rims and a paint job its the fastest thing on the street. I would forget about making it look good on the outside until you have the power you desire. But that's just the way i look at it.
do you know about how much it would cost to install a transmission and sub frame connectors?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i bought a short block 350 to swap out for my 305 and built it up to 400+ hp for about 1000. i got an upgraded engine kit from northernautoparts.com with a big cam and high comp pistons and so on and so forth, a 350 can be built up for cheap. and also for lots of money. i wouldnt buy a crate engine unless your engine is shot and you really dont want to do the work yourself. but it is a good idea to build up your car first, then build up the power plant to ensure nothing breaks.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by breakstuff6190
i bought a short block 350 to swap out for my 305 and built it up to 400+ hp for about 1000. i got an upgraded engine kit from northernautoparts.com with a big cam and high comp pistons and so on and so forth, a 350 can be built up for cheap. and also for lots of money. i wouldnt buy a crate engine unless your engine is shot and you really dont want to do the work yourself. but it is a good idea to build up your car first, then build up the power plant to ensure nothing breaks.
well i dont think i could build it myself..cuz i dont have the tools,space or skills..and it would cost about the same as a crate if i had a shop do it myself..

Old 05-18-2009, 05:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

well an immediate change you could do is get rid of any smog crap (unless you are in cali where laws are strictly enforced). that will make your car run 110% better. i recently rebuilt an engine for a friend that had two smog pumps stacked ontop of eachother. i immediately threw all that stuff away and plugged up all that stuff with plates and fittings. it doubled power after the rebuild (with new pistons and a bigger cam also). throwing smog stuff (like egr and smog pumps) is one of the best things you can do for your engine.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by breakstuff6190
well an immediate change you could do is get rid of any smog crap (unless you are in cali where laws are strictly enforced). that will make your car run 110% better. i recently rebuilt an engine for a friend that had two smog pumps stacked ontop of eachother. i immediately threw all that stuff away and plugged up all that stuff with plates and fittings. it doubled power after the rebuild (with new pistons and a bigger cam also). throwing smog stuff (like egr and smog pumps) is one of the best things you can do for your engine.
mine didnt have any smog crap in it ...does removing the smog stuff make your engine run better cuz it lets more air in and out?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

it runs better because its not recirculating your exhaust gasses through your engine and you get fresh air. it lets your exhaust breathe better. also because the engine doesnt have to work to turn the smog pumps.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yours probably has egr unless you or someone already took it off. mine did.