2nd Gen Camaro parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default 2nd Gen Camaro parts

Let me start by saying I have no affiliation to this company, just wanted to relay great service if that's OK?
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1971 Camaro, and have been searching locally, and nationally for parts. It's amazing the poor service I've gotten from almost every dealer of Camaro repro parts I've talked to. Everything from no return calls, to complete disinterest in helping. Even those who agreed to order parts never even placed an order, and when I checked back they told me they hadn't!
Which brings me to my post. I called a place called Biscays Classic Chevy Camaro Parts, and talked with a gentleman named Bob. Didn't relate any of my previous experiences, just gave him a long list of sheetmetal, weatherstripping, and interior parts that I was looking for.
Not only did they stock all the parts, but with simply my name and phone number they agreed to set them aside for me to drive a couple hours North to pick up next Saturday!
Now this is where it gets even better! About 5 minutes later I get a call from them saying he's coming down Sunday (tomorrow) to look at a car, and would I like the parts delivered to my home? Well I guess so; duh!
Just the best service I've run into in a long time, especially since this rebuild process began for sure!

Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Well it all arrived about 10:30 this morning, and the owner himself delivered it!
Got the entire front end clip removed today, and hung the new core support, and my radiator. did a trial fit of the fenders, but need to leave them off until I've done a proper cleaning and repainting of the frame and inner fenderwells.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

Wow, that's customer service if I ever heard of it. Sounds like you found a good person to be buying from.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
Let me start by saying I have no affiliation to this company, just wanted to relay great service if that's OK?
I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1971 Camaro, and have been searching locally, and nationally for parts. It's amazing the poor service I've gotten from almost every dealer of Camaro repro parts I've talked to. Everything from no return calls, to complete disinterest in helping. Even those who agreed to order parts never even placed an order, and when I checked back they told me they hadn't!
Which brings me to my post. I called a place called Biscays Classic Chevy Camaro Parts, and talked with a gentleman named Bob. Didn't relate any of my previous experiences, just gave him a long list of sheetmetal, weatherstripping, and interior parts that I was looking for.
Not only did they stock all the parts, but with simply my name and phone number they agreed to set them aside for me to drive a couple hours North to pick up next Saturday!
Now this is where it gets even better! About 5 minutes later I get a call from them saying he's coming down Sunday (tomorrow) to look at a car, and would I like the parts delivered to my home? Well I guess so; duh!
Just the best service I've run into in a long time, especially since this rebuild process began for sure!
So you've noticed the lack of interest on the part of most Camaro parts sellers too, ay? I'll definitely consider this place next time I order parts. You should send them an email or something to encourage them to keep being cool.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM
2nd Gear member

wow thats unheard of nowadays but one question for some other people do they ship all over the us

Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 PM

Wow thanks for the heads up, i just recently purchased a 350 berlinetta and am looking for some economic engine mods. Does this company only sell new parts or used parts as well? Im looking for a good holley carb and headers along with some other minor modifications, would this be the place to look?
Thanks

Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Biscays Classic only sells new repro parts. They do ship everywhere in the USA, but not sure about the World!
Actually got a phone message from one other place here in town (3 weeks later!) asking if I still wanted the quote on parts! Guy originally told me he'd get back the next day, so I guess 3 weeks is close for him!
Here's a link to Biscay's:
http://www.biscaysclassic.com/biscays/index.html

I've almost got the sheetmetal done, just waiting for a set of bumper brackets I ordered from Summit via Goodmark. Starting on the interior now, and since this was my ex-race car it has a rollbar, which I plan to keep. No back seat and I've decided I don't need one, so I'm building up panels to cover all the exposed floorboards. Have the backs done, and now I'm building two bases that will hinge for hidden storage where the cushions once went. The bases will get rubber mat covers, while the rest is getting stiff black wool felt that holds up nicely to wear, and is easy to work with.

Name:  cam10.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  74.3 KB
Name:  cam13.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  50.3 KB
Name:  int1.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  44.5 KB
Name:  int4.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  72.0 KB

Old 08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 1980berlinetta
Wow thanks for the heads up, i just recently purchased a 350 berlinetta and am looking for some economic engine mods. Does this company only sell new parts or used parts as well? Im looking for a good holley carb and headers along with some other minor modifications, would this be the place to look?
Thanks
Might try Summit Racing. Not used, but they've got their new Holley knockoff carb in stock now, and prices are fantasic! They have several models in the 750 and 780 range in vacuum sec. or mechanical sec. with electric choke for a paltry $250. Wish they'd gotten them out about 6 months earlier, before I bought a new carb!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
No back seat and I've decided I don't need one, so I'm building up panels to cover all the exposed floorboards. Have the backs done, and now I'm building two bases that will hinge for hidden storage where the cushions once went. The bases will get rubber mat covers, while the rest is getting stiff black wool felt that holds up nicely to wear, and is easy to work with.

I'm really interested in your setup and materials your using to do that. It looks really well done from the pics.

Your project looks like it is coming on strong. How long do you think till you're out around town?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:33 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1980berlinetta
Thanks
Ebay and Craigslist has worked for me on all my carbs. I don't think I've paid over 60 for a single one of mine and I have about six that I've bought over time. Just need to know your model numbers and what you need and want. 60 bucks plus a 30 dollar rebuild kit makes a good carb if you have a good foundation to begin with. The one on my car right now is a 3310-2 750cfm and runs really strong and I really like it. Just make sure you're not over carbing it if you're using mechanical secondaries. The good thing about vacuum secondaries is that you can't really over carb it since the secondaries open based off engine load and you can tune that to your liking.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Camaro parts