Column shift linkage?

Old 05-16-2017, 09:40 AM
Question Column shift linkage?

The '67 that I just bought has a TH350 & an incredibly complicated floor shifter with a couple of spoon levers & looks like someone just tossed it onto the carpet between the seats. I will go to a four or five speed down the road but in the meantime I would like to put the shifter back on the column. It was originally a factory column shift PG car. Not being an automatic guy I am a bit miffed on linkage from the bottom of the column to the trans. It doesn't look like it would have a lot of clearance with the headers. And I do not know if it requires some kind of pivot on the frame or not. Nothing there at the moment. Does anyone have a picture or a page# for where it shows it all in the assembly manual? I don't know who GM paid to organize the assembly manuals but they really need to get a refund. Or, has anyone successfully done this & can tell me where to get what linkage to do it.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:06 AM

Just stumbled onto one of my answers in the assembly manual. The way that I seem to find anything in there. 3-speed auto trans linkage drawing & part numbers is M40/A6 & it looks like I would need a bell crank or lever-idler to them. Now to find one on the cheap. Anyone?

Old 05-29-2017, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

My 67 is a column shifter PG car. I just picked up a T350 to install and picked up my new linkage from Lokar. I'll see if I can find a part number for you. But you can just go to the Lokar website and find it.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member

It's kind of an old thread, but I would suggest you stay away from the column shift assembly, especially since you've already got a hole in the floor and the column shift linkage might have a fitment issue with your exhaust.

Two ideas, look for an aftermarket 3 speed automatic floor shifter for your car. Or look for an original 67 3 speed automatic floor shift. Try craigslist, and of course, ebay. If you do this, figure out what exactly your current shifter is and sell that on Craigslist.

Lastly, if you are going with an entirely different trans down the line, why dont you try to live with your current shifter until the change.