67 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 67 Camaro

New suspension front and rear, big brakes and wheels and tires. Ready to hit the road.

Last edited by Milan; 06-30-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:32 PM
4th Gear Member

Very nice. Now an alignment, especially a four-wheel alignment and minimum of 2.5 degrees of caster.

Old 06-30-2019, 09:31 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Looking good!

Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Everett#2390
Very nice. Now an alignment, especially a four-wheel alignment and minimum of 2.5 degrees of caster.
4 wheel alignment on solid axle car? A standard alignment aligns the front wheels to the back wheels. A 4 wheel alignment includes the alignment of the rear wheels to the front wheels. This is for cars with adjustable rear wheels. On old school FWD with one pcs axles we would just shim hub bearing but on car with independent rear suspension it would be caster,chamber, and toe adjustment of the rear wheels. If your solid rear axle needs adjustment to align with the front wheels that is done on a frame machine.

I have seen shops sell a $129 "4 wheel alignment for solid axle car and the standard alignment for $79. Want to see a mechanic turn white? ask him the difference.

Last edited by Gorn; 07-01-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gorn
4 wheel alignment on solid axle car? A standard alignment aligns the front wheels to the back wheels. A 4 wheel alignment includes the alignment of the rear wheels to the front wheels. This is for cars with adjustable rear wheels. On old school FWD with one pcs axles we would just shim hub bearing but on car with independent rear suspension it would be caster,chamber, and toe adjustment of the rear wheels. If your solid rear axle needs adjustment to align with the front wheels that is done on a frame machine.

I have seen shops sell a $129 "4 wheel alignment for solid axle car and the standard alignment for $79. Want to see a mechanic turn white? ask him the difference.
The car now has a 4 link in the rear.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Milan
The car now has a 4 link in the rear.
You want to make sure that the rear axle is square to the frame. That is not part of a normal alignment 2 or 4 wheel. Alignment machines are designed to align axles to rims. A frame machine would have the system built in to check axle to frame alignment. Also since you are no longer stock you will need to find someone that will do a street car setup.

Most alignment machines are dummy proof. on a 4 wheel alignment You set everything up spin the rear tire and it will tell you install a .060 shim facing up on a hub bearing or adjust right side chamber .5 degs positive. Those specs would be worthless with a solid axle.

Since the alignment machine does not know where your links are or the direction the are pointing you would have do the front end alignment look at the tow in numbers and see if you can derive an axle adjustment. Even then I am not sure because you are aligned to the front wheels not to the frame. I am sure there are some race guys out there that can get the car setup using a alignment machine but it was me I would do cross measurements and get the axle as straight as possible then just align the front wheels to the rear wheels.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:36 AM

So, what was installed on the front? Tubular arms, coilovers??

Old 08-29-2019, 08:36 AM

This look is amazing and the dark blue color of your car looks great! I have red one that look amazing too.

Old 09-02-2019, 04:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stev-o
So, what was installed on the front? Tubular arms, coilovers??
Tubular arms, coilovers, sway bar, gear box, 13" rotors, brakes

Old 09-05-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Milan
Tubular arms, coilovers, sway bar, gear box, 13" rotors, brakes
What brand coilovers? I am looking for recommendations.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 67 Camaro