Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by garner
Nice upgrade!

Engine
LS series would probably be better, could be done with the 350 though

Tranny
Depending on type of racing auto could be better for drag racing, but manual for road and auto x

Suspension
Look into air ride technology or something similar

Brakes
There are companies like ssbc that do disc brake conversions and iirc you can get a big brake kit from them instead of standard discs

Wheels
Torque thrusts would look good. There are many choices that look good

Seats
Look into procar and similar companies that make more supportive seats unless you want a full racing seat

Gauge cluster
Looks awesome. Definitely get it

thanks for the feed back.... i will copy and paste and save....lol

enigine...
i would like to fo what ever is gonna be most affecant and wount hurt the resale value of the car down the road..

tranny...
i love drag racing... but at the same time im more into road racing ( dailly driving )

suspension...
i went to the shop i normally deal with and the guy told me i already had air shocks on the car... so we shall see what is the next step

seats...
i like what i have now... i just want to beable to adjust them back a few inches. so i can stretch out alittle

next week im taking it back to the shop and we are gonna go over the whole car to see what i have vs. what needs to be fixed/ replaced..

thanks for the input tho

Old 12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Buffalo02Z28
An LS1 swap would be awesome!
thats the original plan.. just need to get as much info i can on it

Old 12-30-2010, 12:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zapco23
Game-Over, you kinda went the same route as myself! I had a 79 Z28 dropped on CenterLines,Koni suspension,etc........... back in the 80s. 10 years ago got a brand new 99 Civic Si and was into the import scene. I called my car "Nice NOT Rice!" featuring only the best from Zapco amps and EQs,AlumaPro speakers,Myron&Davis screens,Volk Racing rims,Nitto tires,Wilwood brakes,Nuespeed suspension,Benen Industries,Sparco,etc.......... . My car was featured in Car Audio and Electronics mag and Honda Tuning mag. ,2 trips to the CES Las Vegas in the Zapco booth, 25+ trophies in car shows in 3 years showing and then got out of it and sold it. And now I have the car of my dreams, a 69 RS/SS Camaro which I've owned for 2 months and waiting to put my DSE suspension in and resto-mod it! I'm keeping this car forever,Timeless!
thats awesome..... hell yeah..
my celica was pretty bad in the show world.. i won everything.. which made it real boring...... i didn't post no interior pics.. but thats what got all the points...
i was able to trade my scion for this... and i feel yeah.. this car will go no where... i will die with this car... lol....
def sounds like you and i are on the same thoughts....

here's the money shot..

Last edited by Game-Over; 12-30-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slidejob26
Whats up Game-Over..

Looks like a nice ride, I feel ya on the seats. My 68 is a ***** for me to get into and out of, (I'm 6'3" 250). But I can jump right into my Chevelle with no problem, you know a family car with mags is made for a bigger dude.
ps.
I kinda liked the Celica...shhhhhh!!

Welcome
yeah man.... its a pain in the butt..... but i guess thats the price you pay to own something like this..
i will say... it wont last long... they will get replace or adjusted..lol

Old 12-30-2010, 02:42 PM

Nice! Alpine PDX amps and Alpine subs. Ya, my stereo was a SQ/show/demo system w/ full fiberglass trunk 4 Zapco amps,custom fiberglass kick panels and visors. Miss all the great sound but will do something with 2 Zapco competition amps,2 Morel Ultimo 10s,and Morel Elate LE 3 ways up front in the 69. I want this install to be top-notch also but lightweight and blend with the original interior.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah... i def. want a hide away cd player or a xm radio or something in this car

Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM
1st Gear Member

well.... i thnk if i go with the 350 in the car now... i want to get the tko t56 6 speed... full swap for $2900...

still weighing the options.... i havent found a round about for the ls1/ 6speed swap yet...

Old 01-01-2011, 06:57 PM
1st Gear Member

i feel like a noob.....
i lost my only set of keys to the camaro.... i know they are somewhere but just very frustrating..
i went 4 places the other day tp get keys made.... none of them made a key that works.... they said its because the key is so worn... any suggestions for when i find my keys

Old 01-08-2011, 01:06 AM
2nd Gear member

You could take it to a locksmith. Have them custom fit key from ignition and door locks. They start out with blank key and use lock to make key, don't even need to see original key. Had a work truck with no keys to tool boxes and the guy made a key in like 5 minutes with a file and then took inside and cut me 2 new ones, cost like 25 dollars

Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks carguy.
I ended getting my keys back.
But thank you anyway.

Quick Reply: Game-Over Progression Thread