Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 AM
2nd Gear member

Any new updates?

Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro
Any new updates?
Sorry to say no new updates. The kids have got me really busy these days. The painter didn't like the stripe kit that I got so they ordered a new one. It's taking forever to arrive. Once the stripe is on, the car can come home. Then I'll slowly put the interior back in. I'm hoping next year I can swap out the engine for something with some *****. Still want the big block but I'd be happy with a 350.

I'll post some photo's when I can.
K

Old 06-19-2012, 06:20 AM
2nd Gear member

Big blocks are nice but there is nothing wrong with a 327 or a 350.

My father-in-law has a nice mild 383 in his Vette, that's another one to consider.

See ya

Bruce

Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the car home the other day. The body looks great but I still didn't get the stripe. The shop said the kit I got was wrong. They ordered a new one only to be incorrect again. The correct one seems to be on back order. The car still looks great in solid silver. I still have to put the grill and spoiler on. I tried to put on the spoiler but it doesn't look right. It should sit flush on the trunk lid right? Do I have to cut anything under the spoiler? It just doesn't sit right.

K

Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

What do you mean by the spoiler doesn't look right? If you're referring to where the front and rear part looks a little jacked up to where you can almost stick your finger in the gap, then yes, that's right.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok. Great. Then it is right. I thought it had to be flush with the trunk lid. Thanks Camaro 69.

K

Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 AM
2nd Gear member

I had the same problem on my deck lid and I opened up the holes a little bit so the spoiler would sit down flush on the deck lid and look right.

I then took a hole punch and made rubber gaskets to slide onto the spoiler studs to prevent any water leaking into the trunk.

Did you decide to go with the hockey style stripe?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I still want the hockey stripe. The stripe I bought was half stencil half vinyl. The painter who was going to do it said it all should have been stencil. So we sent the kit back and were still waiting for the proper stencil kit. I blown the budget on the body so now the car is going to sit until next spring when I can hopefully pop in an nice engine. I'll try and get the interior over the winter and maybe new tires and rims too. I also have to find a better place to keep the car so I can work on it slowly. My garage is just to tight.

K

Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 AM
2nd Gear member

Who did you tried so far?

I was looking at these two places:
69 Camaro SS all Vinyl Stripe Kit (red)

1969 Camaro SS Stencil & Stripe Kit

Old 07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro
Who did you tried so far?

I was looking at these two places:
69 Camaro SS all Vinyl Stripe Kit (red)

1969 Camaro SS Stencil & Stripe Kit
I can't remember the name of the kit right now. I got the kit from a local Camaro shop here near Toronto. He said it was correct. Half stencil, have vinyl decal. The painter said no. So he sent it back to the distributor. He then sent us another of the same kit. That went back too. We are still waiting for the correct full stencil kit. Now, we are told it's on back order. It doesn't help me too much now since the car is in my garage one and a half hours away from the paint shop. The car still looks amazing in solid silver but I really would have like the stripe for contrast.

K

Quick Reply: 69 restoration