1969 Camaro Wagon

Old 04-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Lightbulb 1969 Camaro Wagon

Here's it in the shop. https://i.imgur.com/LzMVlfV.jpg

That's right, 1969 Camaro Wagon. We took the roof of a 69 Chevelle Wagon and put it on the body of a 69 Camaro. It's a controversial idea, we know. But once you see the car, maybe you'll see why it's so cool. It's an interesting idea, it's funny, it's actually really sleek and has a lot of potential to be bad ***.

We unveiled the project at Good Guys Grand Nationals in Del Mar this past weekend and the response was actually very positive. We had our share of head shakers, but the big names in the business made sure to stop by to check out the Camaro Wagon they kept hearing about. We're working hard on the thing and want to make it look like it just came out of a GM factory in 1969, under the body it will be full luxury and race. (Just imagine a Camaro Wagon on the Auto Cross with a bag of groceries in the back window).

If you'd like to see how it was done, I put a video together of some of the process I filmed.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:07 PM
April 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Interesting. Only question that comes to mind is why?

Old 04-12-2013, 08:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Don't look all that bad, I wish my car sat as low as that though, love the stance

Old 04-12-2013, 08:53 AM
1st Gear Member

No, no, no.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by 77thor
No, no, no.
yes, yes Yes, I think it looks great!!

Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Camambro
Interesting. Only question that comes to mind is why?
Well,

We went to a car show about 3 months ago with a car designer. We were trying to think of a project that would really make a BANG in the scene. While at the booth, majority of the passers-by would stop and look at the Camaro Wagon concept and saying things like "Whoa" or "Has this been made?!" or "What the hell is this?!" or "Burn it!" Basically it was a controversial issue that had both sides of opinions chiming in. After that show and a discussion with the concept artist (Keith Koucher from Koucher Koncepts) we decided the Camaro Wagon was the one.

People were iffy when we began, very iffy. We had old-timers who have been in the business for a long time tell us "NO!! DON'T DO IT!" but we stuck to our guns and did it. Last weekend we unveiled it at the Good Guys Grand Nationals in Del Mar and we had some of the biggest names at the show stopping by our booth to see it. It was mentioned on the radio and just had a live discussion on Bangshift.com about it. It's blowing up.

The thing is, the world is in no shortage of 69 camaros. If you go to a car show, they're everywhere, and everything has been done to a 69 Camaro... except this.

It's a fun idea, we think because it covers all aspects. It's a funny concept, it's also bad ***, silly, controversial and one-of-a-kind. We just picked up a suspension sponsor, so it will have racing suspension, hidden roll cage, a beastly motor and custom interior to make it look like GM rolled it out of their factory in '69. The car itself was rotting in a field, we took it and made it a unique concept. We understand the criticism, but at the same time are excited for you to see it finished. Just imagine a 69 Camaro Wagon flying through the Autocross with a bag of groceries in the back. It's hilariously awesome.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I like it. It's different, yet nicely done. Does it still have a functional back seat? Being it's a two door not four, it would make more sense to me to call it a sedan delivery (even though it has side windows), or maybe even a nomad - more in line with the 55-57 Chevy two door wagon.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 PM
3rd Gear Member

Not bad. Start a project thread for us to follow.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I think I need time to digest it before commenting. My initial reaction was not good, even though the fab work is awesome. Maybe if I let it simmer awhile it will grow on me.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd rather see them make a Camaro wagon then a 4 door or fwd Camaro

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 Camaro Wagon