What this a good deal and

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default What this a good deal and

So i just bought this 67 off of Ebay. I have always wanted a 60's Camaro and for whatever reason i just never bought one till today, oy lastnite actually. Now keep in mind that i have not actually set my eyes on it yet so just go by the pictures. I did a buy it now price of $8000.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...;rd=1&rd=1

Also it says its an RS but i though that all the RS's had the hideaway headlights?

So what do you all think?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:53 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: What this a good deal and

are you going to p/u or have it shipped?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:59 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I am going to have it shipped. Probably gonna cost me $1000 so i guess i bought it for $9000. Around here you cant find a have way good one for under $15000. I almost bought a 68 the other day for $18000

Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Nice color. I am quite tired and going to go to bed now, I will tell you more about what I see in the morning. No worries, it looks like you did good for 8k. Yes all 1st gen RS had the lights that were hidden, Isee where the PO claimed it to be an RS, maybe it was a typo. I am interested what the PO told/tells you about its history.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Forgive me im a newb...but is it really safe to buy a car off ebay?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:57 PM
4th Gear Member

depends...

always ask questions...

Old 07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't send the money, not even the deposit. I would take the money in person and make sure that the seller has a valid clear title before I would hand over any money. There are a lot of scams on Ebay where all that they want is your deposit and then you never get anything. Since the seller claimed it to be an RS, I would be cautious of what it really is. Looking at the interior shots, you have a lot of work ahead of you...good luck.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: Ircyklops

I wouldn't send the money, not even the deposit. I would take the money in person and make sure that the seller has a valid clear title before I would hand over any money. There are a lot of scams on Ebay where all that they want is your deposit and then you never get anything. Since the seller claimed it to be an RS, I would be cautious of what it really is. Looking at the interior shots, you have a lot of work ahead of you...good luck.
Ebay automaticly protects against such things. This is from their fraud section:

2 Fraud protection provides reimbursement in the following situations: not receiving the vehicle; receiving a stolen vehicle; receiving a vehicle with an undisclosed lien against it; paying a deposit for a vehicle and not receiving the vehicle or a refund of the deposit; receiving a vehicle, but not receiving a title to it if and only if the Motor Vehicle Departments in both the buyer's and the seller's state require a title certificate for that vehicle

Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

There apears to have been some body work. The doors have too big of a gap between the panels. The front bumper seems to wide for the body. I think the tail lights belong to a 68, because of the chrome strip separating the blocks. Its very nice that it is painted and the emblems are on the front and back however, they should be on the sides as well, its really not that hard to install them, unless.... of course...... its not a real SS. Th cowl hood is only corect for the 69, it was available for late 68's though and only on SS or Z28's. the rectangular back up lamps under the rear bumper - indicates RS. If it came stock with a 350 there would be a 350 under the SS on the gas cap.

1. I would like to see a picture of the cowl tag, its on the fire wall to the rear of the power brake master cylinder. You can post them here. https://camaroforums.com/m_35092/mpa..._/tm.htm#35092

2. Dont worry, these are small thing AND (before I get fragged for teling you all this) the lit I am getting this stuff could be wrong - its happened before.

3. Even with all this other stuff, it is still an awesome looking car, the value is whatever someone is willing to pay. I got mine is non-working condition with a bunch of rust for just 2k less than you got that complete car. So by virtue of you getting a working car I would say you got a good deal.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for all the info. I guess i will just have to see when i get the car. Hopefully it is one of those situations where it is better than you expect. It will probably be awhile before i get the car though. It is gonna take10-18 days to get to me after i work out all the payment details.

Quick Reply: What this a good deal and