Well..you see it went like this..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Smile Well..you see it went like this..

Somewhat of a newbe here, I have just jumped in with both feet.
Well.. you see it went like this, there was this 69 Z28 on the "bay" and it had undergone the rotissorie rest. "every nut and bolt" according to the listing. New Tuxedo black paint, and to top it off it has a correct dated motor(not original), built to the tune of $10K. Balanced with lightened pistons etc. Anyone see this car? Well, I placed what was in my mind a reduciously low bid, never expecting to get the car. I woke up monday morning to find that I had won! I will post some photos tonight(if I can figure out how). I am so excited. Always wanted a real Z28. 'Class of 67' Jimbo

Old 06-06-2012, 06:32 AM
2nd Gear member

Buyer beware. Make sure the seller does not want payment in the form of western union and make sure it is not overseas with some sad story of how he must sell. A deal that seems to good to be true could be just that. Only use e-bay for all your conversing not personal e-mail. Did time expire on the auction or did the seller have a make offer tag and end the auction? I know someone who got taken for $6500 on a custom Harley on a deal of a lifetime.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

agree with dynarider33. i'd also only use paypal. i bid on a car with a couple of issues but overall looked nice by the pictures posted. since i could not see it in person, i had it inspected. rather to spend $350 or so than end up spending much more. it was not what i thought it was. View First Unread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread #1
Today, 03:58 AM
69toyfordad
No cars in 69toyfordad's garage, add now Join Date: Feb 2008

Well..you see it went like this..
Somewhat of a newbe here, I have just jumped in with both feet.
Well.. you see it went like this, there was this 69 Z28 on the "bay" and it had undergone the rotissorie rest. "every nut and bolt" according to the listing. New Tuxedo black paint, and to top it off it has a correct dated motor(not original), built to the tune of $10K. Balanced with lightened pistons etc. Anyone see this car? Well, I placed what was in my mind a reduciously low bid, never expecting to get the car. I woke up monday morning to find that I had won! I will post some photos tonight(if I can figure out how). I am so excited. Always wanted a real Z28. 'Class of 67' Jimbo
69toyfordadView Public ProfileSend a private message to 69toyfordadFind all posts by 69toyfordadAdd 69toyfordad to Your Contacts

Today, 06:32 AM
dynarider33

Old 06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Smile Good advice

Thanks for the heads up on the scammers. I think that ebay/paypal have gotten better in protecting buyers. I also know that I should look at the car. Problem is, my bid bought it.
I was so excited last night that it looks like I posted this thread twice. Sorry. If a moderator could remove one that would be great. Also, If someone could direct me to a tutorial on uploading photos to this site, I will put a bunch up so all can check it out.

I was able to copy the text of the auction and put it here. Here it is. "OK here it is the one you have all been waiting for. I have owned this car for over 7 yrs and just finished a 2 year frame off nut and bolt restoration. The car is a real X33 Z28 Guaranteed not to be a clone, has correct 69 dated DZ 302 386 casting block, 1178 crank, 186 heads worked, 472 intake, 4053 correct carb, extremely fast, the baddest 302 I have ever owned. Munci 4 speed, 69 12 bolt 410 posi gear. The body was put on rotissary and all pans were fully welded ground down and smoothed. very clean under the car all new fuel lines and brake lines, gas tank, etc. The car is Tuxedo black with white stripes and the paint is near perfect, very shiny and straight PPG paint. I will call it a 9 and I dont think there are any 10's. In the trunk its all detailed very nice. All the jambs are very nice. Deluxe hounds tooth black and white interior all new. Factory tach and guages, tilt wheel, comfort grip wheel, all lights and guages work, still has the 69 am/fm radio. 15x7 rallies with new tires, new exhaust, new ceramic coated Hooker Super comp headers, power steering, power disk brakes, still has the original 2 piece rotors on front. Everything on this car is new or restored GM. I have owned 9 z28's in the past 8 years and this is by far the nicest I have ever had and the fastest. I have over $65k invested in this car and need it gone have a 3 yr old and 3 week old baby and it needs to go. This is not a back yard built car, very very nice. Great investment quality car, at a great discount. I also have a large collection of 302 engines and parts but they arent cheap Let me know what you need and I will give you a price. Would like to see the whole lot together. I have std 618 DZ block, .030 DZ block, both ready to assemble from machine shop, a std/std 1178 crank, and 3 other 1178 cranks, all are ready to use, 5 or 6 intakes, 1 restored alternator, several sets of heads already worked and ready to put on, 2 4053 carbs, about 5 intakes 472's. I new pair of dripper valve covers still in the box, GM nos oil pan with new windage tray and bolts and gaskets. etc. I know what this stuff is worth, I have been collection for over 15years, no bargains here unless you want to buy it all. Also have a 69 12 bolt multi leaf housing with backing plates. Call 423 834 1830
Car is listed locally and may end auction at any time. This is the first time this car has been for sale in over 9 years. I dont think the auction will last so if you are serious call about a buy now price. I can also help with shipping. I welcome any 3rd pary inspector as well." End
Seller sayes he has a std. block that matches the car(cast 3 weeks before car was assembled), and also a .030 over block. I can have the date correct std. block with the car for $2.5K and the overbore for $2K.
As you can see from the auction description he has lots of correct Z parts. If anyone is interested in anything, I can put you in contact with the owner. He is selling his 8+ year collection of Z parts. OH, as you will see in the photos, the car has the factory correct AM/FM radio..I need the volume/on/off ****. Can anyone help me? do not need new, just good factory correct. Where is a good place to find original parts? I know I am going to be looking for a different rear end setup. 411's in the rear? Must be a rocket ship up to 90 or so. Are 373's the highest ratio that will fit??
Thanks again for all of your help. Sure happy2behere. Jimbo

Old 06-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Default Photos

I have uploaded 3 photos to my "garage"?? Have lots more. Please take a look. Tell me what you think. Thanks, Jimbo

Old 06-07-2012, 07:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

So do you have the car now? How much did you bid on it?