Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Well, that didn't take long.

What my car looked like during summer of last year :

Name:  IMG_0557.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  106.0 KB

What it looked like, um, yesterday before getting hit.

8903ac29.jpg?t=1315408491

I ended up doing the body work and paint towards the end of summer. I FINALLY got around to getting the RS lights working only 3 months ago! Everything on the front end was replaced with new parts (bumper, valence, lights, door lights, grill, etc). Everything was less than a year old... some parts were less than 3 months old.

1967 Camaro RS/SS lights - YouTube

Unfortunately, my enjoyment of the car was short lived. I was at a local gas station yesterday waiting for a lady in front of me to pull out. I was behind her. I have no idea what she was doing, but instead of going forward, she put the car into reverse and plowed right into the front of my car. I don't have pictures because I don't want to look at the car right now, especially after all the work I put into it.

Basically, she shoved the bumper up into the grill. The doors for the lights are destroyed, as is the grill. The bumper is all smashed up. The sides of the bumper got wedged into the fender. Even worse is that on the passenger side, the fender got shoved into the passenger door. I think I got some stress damage on the fender on the driver side because portions of the paint are now cracked. Man, I am pissed. I can't believe I put all that time, money, and effort into the car only to have it taken away in a matter of seconds.

Luckily, she has full coverage, but she was driving with a red license. What this means is that she had her license suspended at some time and she can only drive the car to and from work and when picking up her daughter.

The problem is that she was out of her jurisdiction when the accident happened. I'm hoping this won't be a problem with her insurance when they pay me out to fix the ****ing car. I talked to them briefly yesterday and they said that there might be a coverage issue, but couldn't elaborate because it was the weekend and that department was closed. I'll hear more tomorrow.

Last edited by minex; 11-20-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:36 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

man that sucks i hope everything works out and you can get the car back on the road again. that just sucks how it happend. good to hear your ok though.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:50 AM
December 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club

Man that sucks, your car looked $#)*@# SWEEEEET! I would hope your insurance and or a lawyer might make her ins co rethink not covering you

Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I just talked with the insurance company. Looks like everything is covered! I'll be dropping it off tomorrow. My dad and I did all of the work on the passenger side panels, so at least it will be professionally redone now, lol. I'm just hoping that the color matches correctly and that they dont park the car outside while it waits. I haven't had a chance to redo several of the seals, so if it rains or snows, it will leak.

Last edited by minex; 11-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

what color is the blue. if its a factory color of some kind they shouldnt have any trouble matching is and being that it was a fresh paint job they wont have to worry about fading

Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Sorry to hear that man. I can't imagine how much that must have hurt, seeing it happen like that, and for a dumb reason.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

wow, that sucks. Glad to hear the Ins. is gonna take care of you. Thats a beautiful Blue Camaro. Hate to say it but I'd like to see the some Pics, just wanna see what kind of damage one idiot can do to a Classic in a matter of seconds. Then, I wanna see it all Cherry again ASAP!!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I always worry about this kind of stuff happening when I take my car out of the garage. Hopefully they do a great job and get it turned around quickly for you.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes

most folks around here (east tn) would have just broke her legs on the spot

Old 11-23-2011, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I must admit, that is my biggest fear when I take the camaro out. So many idiots on the road now. You took it better than I would have. It sucks you had to get gas at the same time someone who has a temporary license was getting there gas too. I hope the repairs go the way they should. Your 67 looked sweet. Get her back on the road soon.

Quick Reply: Well, that didn't take long.