tic toc tach

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 05:38 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default tic toc tach

my 68 has a factory fuel gauge on the right side of my instrument cluster...wanting to put in a tic toc tach in its place.(396).....where is the best place to relocate the fuel gauge?....or should i install a tach somewhere else?.......easier would be better...but i dont want it to look like sh$t
thanks

oh...and the speedometer is factory w/o the "speed warning"....is that option desireable or just a pain in the butt.....?

bohuntr

Last edited by bohuntr; 10-03-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-25-2010, 10:31 AM

I am wondering the same thing myself about the tach. I want to put the tic toc tach in but I believe a new under dash wiring harness would be necessary as well as a new circuit board. I have an aftermarket tach on the floor in the middle but I dont like it. What did you decide to do? How bad was it to do it??

Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
December 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

camaros that had the tic toc tac had the fuel gauge in the console like this

dont forget you need to drill a hole or replace the lens when using the tic toc tac.
different circut board as well.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Yeah I knew about the console and would love to have one... but the prices on them.... damn!!! I was thinking about just getting a 4 gauge aftermarket cluster that has a fuel gauge in it to mount under the dash in the middle. I already have the 3 gauge cluster there for oil batt and temp. I do need to get a new circuit board as mine is bad anyway and the clear lense could use replacing so I wouldnt mind getting a new one of those. My concern is the underdash wiring harness. I'm guessing it is a different harness that plugs into the circuit board since it needs to run the tach and clock. Unless the tach is hooked up to the coil directly. The underdash wiring harness last I looked was $400+! And if thats the case I will just make do with my aftermarket tach.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:53 PM

Hey botts68.

What did you end up doing with those gauges? I have a similar issue with my car. Just wondering what other people are doing...

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Well I ordered a new tach, circuit board and gauge lenses so wish me the best of luck! Should be here by the end of the week but I'll be out of town probably the next couple weekends. If I remember I'll let you know on here otherwise post another reply on here or send me a message or something and remind me to let you know

Old 06-02-2010, 11:39 PM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

i did that changeover on my 68 and it was a pain taking everything apart carefully but i hope you can get the clock to work. i can not get that to work on mine. as for fuel gauge the car already had a consle with gauges in it. thats what promted the switch to the tach.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 PM

Well I finally got around to installing the tic toc tach but now I was wondering if anyone knows what wires go to which of the 3 terminals in the back. One should be a constant 12v power for the clock to run and the other two I imagine is the (+) and (-) for the coil. does anyone know which belongs to which? In the picture the top terminal is a blue wire on the backside.... the right bottom one is red and the left bottom one is orange. I've been looking all over online and cannot find exactly what terminal is for what

[/IMG]

Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 PM

picture didnt work the first time

Old 09-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Default tic toc tach wiring

I've got a 68 350 that I put a tick toc tach in I had to change the circuit board on the back of the gages and put a new harness in ( well did that for 2 reasons the old wiring was so brittle and broken I didn't want any shorts ... got mine from NPD good price and was easy to install. I also had to use the correct engine harness for the tach hook up. I used complete harness but they also make a conversion harness. But I still cant get the clock to work there is a connection on the back of the gage that looks like another wire goes to it I'm wondering if that is a ground wire that I'm missing ? can anyone help?

Quick Reply: tic toc tach