projects

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default projects

It's getting to be that time of year. When the car covers come off and the air compressors come out. I would like to see some pictures of the in-progress projects. Post some up or pm me and I will see about putting them on the top so whe have some more referance material and ideas to look at.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Default RE: projects

I have just obtained a 67 that the previous owner started on and then lost his motivation (and his job). It will be my first attempt at a Camaro and I am at a loss as to where to start.

The car has been totally stripped to the frame, the frame blasted and coated, the suspension and steering has been rehabed with new bushings and "beefed up" in the front to handle a proposed 454 engine. The body re-installed, rear qtr panels replaced. And this is where I take possession.

I am not sure what comes next.
My goal is to have a decent looking car that can be driven. I am not interested in a race car or a big time show car.

I have pictures but not sure how to get them attached.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Welcome to the forums kdog. If you go to the top of the page in the new members section there are instructions on posting pics. Lookin forward to them. There is a lot of knowledge here and you will get plenty of help with your project.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the help. I went to the New members and posted and added to a photo gallary.

I need someone to give me a step by step guide to what I should do next to get from where I am, to a finished car. Do I concentrate on running gear first, or body? I am assuming that the interior will come last.
If I do the body, I am worried about it getting dinged while I install the engine, if I do the engine first, I am worried about not getting the engine compartment looking right and repainted.

advice???

[IMG]local://upfiles/7895/913742E3B44947F1B9DF3F7BE21C1038.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-15-2007, 07:24 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

When you paint the car, do it with the motor out. Then take the front end off, install the motor and put the front end back on. There are a bunch of guys here that are in the same boat you are in (including me), with thier projects. The up side is that there is a ton of knowledge here and most of your questions will be answered.