Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Is this possible?

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

Sorry youngstunner, we tend to go off sometimes. Anyways, I imagine you could put all three (basically) types of power adders on the same mill, turbo, supercharger and nitrous..... but I dont see much of a point.
I would read up on all the different types of power adders as far as differe3ng types of turbo chargers and SC's and the nitrous systems - Edelbrock, Holley and NOS (which is Holley) all make Nitrous systems. Once you learn more you will understand why we couldnt give you a yes or no answer to your actual question.
ok thanks

Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
July 2007 ROTM

ORIGINAL: sweetquads

I dont know whether or not you can use a turbo with a blower, but you really wouldnt want to. If you could it would be a race car only and all but useless anywhere but on a track. A straight very long, long track! Besides leave the turbos to the other kids and their Hondas. Blowers are for the big boys and the big toys!
thats soo untrue,but to make it simple for you...turbos make more boost plain and simple,so do the math...more boost more power ,you just have not learned the true specs yet and have not tried to learn and have deemed a turbo guy with a honda guy...anyway my grandnational would outrun most v8 cars with ablower and i have a v6 turbo 30psi or 4-5?

Old 07-30-2007, 12:36 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry to post this so late in the thread, but it may help clear some things up. supercharger is a term that has been bastardized by the automotive aftermarket for years. both a turbo charger and a roots type or centrifugal supercharger are forms of supercharger. supercharger is a device that compresses intake air for more power plain and simple. turbos are just exhaust driven superchargers. as for twin charging (super charged and turbo'd) there is a large power increase, however due to the fact that its compressing the air twice, it makes the air charge twice as hot, which is less efficient

Old 07-31-2007, 01:21 PM
July 2007 ROTM

ORIGINAL: 1985RS

sorry to post this so late in the thread, but it may help clear some things up. supercharger is a term that has been bastardized by the automotive aftermarket for years. both a turbo charger and a roots type or centrifugal supercharger are forms of supercharger. supercharger is a device that compresses intake air for more power plain and simple. turbos are just exhaust driven superchargers. as for twin charging (super charged and turbo'd) there is a large power increase, however due to the fact that its compressing the air twice, it makes the air charge twice as hot, which is less efficient
which is why most turbo people use a sized accordinly intercooler along with alky injection..

Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: 1985RS

roots do not internally compress air. they work more like a fan. they really do just blow air (blower). twin screws, centrifugals, and turbos all compress the air they move making them more efficient.