Our baby is home

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
2nd Gear member

im with scooch its your toy and it will just feel like a chore if you dont do it the way you want

Old 07-26-2009, 03:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Scooch
Numbers Matching is over rated. I never intended to own a Numbers Matching Camaro but when one fell in my lap I really realized its more of a hindrance than anything else if you want to build a Camaro the way "you" want it so that you can enjoy it. Dont destroy it or change anything so that it cant be put back. Dont get rid of anything that you will wish you would have kept later on down the road. But, dont fret over the details, do your own thing. Color Combos, Electronic Ignition, Dual Electric Fans, Aluminum Heads, even Vintage Auto Air if you want. Drive it like you stole it... Enjoy it. Thats what it was built for. Just be sure to Insure it well. Just keep All the original "Numbers Matching" Stuff you take off the Car.
AMEN! Believe me, part of me feels one way and the other part feels a different way, it probably happens to every first timer. We are not starting for a week and we think it will take months, God willing we will like to drive it next summer, so I think I have plenty of time to re think every detail. That is why we want to listen to ANY advice we can get from you guys, ideas from experienced people are a solid base to a great succes.
On the other hand, people customize cars all the time, they did it with these old cars back when they were new the same way you guys are doing it now a days. I don't think there is a right or wrong, just diference of opinions... like everithing else in life. One thing I can tell you right now is my wife and I don't want to end up with some sort of museum artifact that we will be afraid to drive or even look at and take the fun out of the whole thing.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Dont get me wrong, I'm still buying good top quality parts just not worrying about things being exactly as they left the factory just because its a numbers matching car. Alot of people are just **** about it. I'm not spending 3 times the price for NOS when a Brand New Part will do the same job or better. Some people buy there Camaro to drive and enjoy. I have toys on the shelf already. Sounds like you are of the right mindset. I hate it when people dont enjoy their Camaros.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:49 PM
3rd Gear Member

Congrats. As the others have said, Keep us posted!