Our baby is home

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Talking Our baby is home

Picked her up this morning, she was a few more pounds that our boys were at birth though.
Pushed a few times until my face turned blue and she wouldn't budge.Car sat on this guy's driveway for over eight years, he was the second owner (bought it back in 79 according to bill of sale) I ended up dragging her for about 4 feet with my truck and then she rolled free from there. One hour, a tow strap and a come along later she was looking pretty already on top of my trailer. Wish you could have seen my boy's faces thru the whole ordeal... PRICELESS!!! Both of them Daniel (5) and Andrew (3 and a half) were a part of the whole thing. It has been a blessing, from looking at it to buying it a week later. My wife and my kids wanted to start working on it today, hopefuly they will keep the enthusiasm that way for months to come.
Any way I just wanted to share my happiness with all of you. In a week my body man and paint guy (twin brothers believe it or not) will start replacing both quarter pannels, both door skins and tail panel. I will start a thread with the weekly progress ASAP.

Thank you all for your support and advice in buying this car and God Bless.

Name:  DSC_0007-1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  185.3 KB

Name:  DSC_0017-1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  229.0 KB Name:  DSC_0014.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  123.6 KB

Last edited by cplthomas; 07-26-2009 at 06:45 AM. Reason: just trying to fix the pix
Old 07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

You do realize that we all hate you now...don't you? Razzin frazzin deal of the century!
Just kidding. Looking forward to the progress notes. Think it'll be done by September?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:23 PM
August 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Congrats on the new Camaro! On a side note, awesome truck!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:48 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Wow congrats!!! Goodluck on getting your project started. And yea start a project thread and put lots of pics in....I love watching the whole process.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Congrats. I still remember the day I brought mine home on the trailer. Looks like a Keeper. Cant wait to see the progress Pics to follow.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:47 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Very nice. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:46 AM

Glad to see another getting saved. Keep us updated.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 AM
1st Gear Member

I look forward to your progress reports. I don't know if you've decided yet or not, but with the matching numbers, I think you should do your best to preserve those....

Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by hkunz
I look forward to your progress reports. I don't know if you've decided yet or not, but with the matching numbers, I think you should do your best to preserve those....
As much as my dream has always been RS/SS396 (since I was growing up) keeping the #'s matching is something we are comitting to. Even engine crome and other non original stuff we are debating on because it looks great but not original... the thing is how far do you go with that? When the time comes to overhaul the engine we will decide but for now we want the ride to be as original as posible. The only thing that we have decided to compromise on is the convertible top, swap it for a white one, because we think it will look gorgeous with the original nantucket blue and white bumble bee stripe.
Thak you all for the replies and please DO KEEP THE ADVISE COMMING, it is never too much and on a project like this we need as much help as we can get.
Thank you again

Old 07-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Numbers Matching is over rated. I never intended to own a Numbers Matching Camaro but when one fell in my lap I really realized its more of a hindrance than anything else if you want to build a Camaro the way "you" want it so that you can enjoy it. Dont destroy it or change anything so that it cant be put back. Dont get rid of anything that you will wish you would have kept later on down the road. But, dont fret over the details, do your own thing. Color Combos, Electronic Ignition, Dual Electric Fans, Aluminum Heads, even Vintage Auto Air if you want. Drive it like you stole it... Enjoy it. Thats what it was built for. Just be sure to Insure it well. Just keep All the original "Numbers Matching" Stuff you take off the Car.

Quick Reply: Our baby is home