New Guy Saying Hi

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM

The seats in the pictures didn't come with the car but I bought a real nice original black set from a guy building a drag car. I also replaced the truck lid with a new goodmark. Got to get a spoiler yet. I don't have pictures of the right side of the car uploaded but we need a new door (looks like around $350.00 for a shell) Not sure if were gonna use the glass hood or get a steel cowl or SS hood. If I stay with the glass I will need light springs for the hinges (still need the hinges too..LOL)
gas tank, sending unit, drag link, console, column Ect.. Ect .. Ect Mulla, mulla, mulla

Old 12-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Nice car. For inexpensive brakes I put 73 Nova brakes on mine. I already had disc brakes, but those 4 piston calipers leak alot.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by bigblockbob427
Nice car. For inexpensive brakes I put 73 Nova brakes on mine. I already had disc brakes, but those 4 piston calipers leak alot.
Thanks bigblockbob427. This is exactly what kind of info I was looking for. it helps to know what parts are interchangable when your building on a budget. How about gas tanks, hood hinges, radiators (for a 350 pontiac) steering columns? I figure some Nova Parts may interchange.. Maybe someone has an interchange book and wouldn't mind sharing this info. I know everthing is reproduced and available but I'm not in the position to dumps loads of money into a car for a 16 year old who is learning to drive. I did check into insurance for her before going this route and liability only will run about $60 a month which I feel is reasonable. Thank God I got girls instead of Boys..LOL

Old 02-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Sweet!

Will be jumping into a build with my son soon. He is 11 so I have some time. He thinks he can have my '69 as his first car......they are so cute at that age!!! HA!!!

Tabascoboy

Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by tabascoboy
Sweet!

Will be jumping into a build with my son soon. He is 11 so I have some time. He thinks he can have my '69 as his first car......they are so cute at that age!!! HA!!!

Tabascoboy
Thanks Tabascoboy, come spring we hope to start in on restoring it. meanwhile I have been buying stuff for it. we replaced the passengers door with a new door shell from goodmark, I got the hood hinges and attached the glass hood but I'm not crazy about the fit so I think I'll spring for the steel cowl hood or SS hood depending one Emilys decision.
She told me she wants the bird marker lights in the quarter panels and to keep the firebird tail lights for sure. I changed out the rear deck lid to steel as the glass lid wasn't the best fit. She told me she wants a rear spoiler which I had figuired on anyway (but like I said this is her car and the final say is hers) The only thing that I told her no for now is the rs headlights that can be changed down the road. It cost plenty to build as it is so I holding off on that $1,200.00 expense for now. we still need lots of parts. so far we have a good running 350 pontiac motor and 350 turbo, very nice set of original black camaro seats, new door and interior panels, carpet. trunk weather seal and misc small items. Emilys birthday is at the end of March she will be 15 and since I still need to complete the title work I thought it would be cool to go ahead and put in her name and hand her the title at the party. I'm going to have a cake with the image of a 69 camaro printed out on it