Need help with value for 67 SS Project car

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Default Need help with value for 67 SS Project car

Need help with value - 1967 Camaro SS

My friends dad passed away and we are trying to get a resale value for this car. We don’t know anything about it. When it last ran or if it will even turn over. The VIN starts with 1246 and indicates it is a V8. The body tag indicates it is a true SS 350 4 speed manual (code 4P on the cowl tag). Other info I was able to get from the cowl tag: 1967-norwood OH factory-black custom bucket seats-Madeira maroon color-tinted windshield-power top-4 speed manual-rear antenna-deluxe seat belts-RPO 223-RPO222 rally sport. We have the back seat even though you don’t see it in the pics. There is a fair amount of rust along the floorboard and underbody. Given this limited info, a low end and high end value would be greatly appreciated. I am not great at technology and can't figure out how to post one link. Sorry. \*She is not currently selling this vehicle and any messages inquiring will be ignored\*

*not for sale at this time - messages will be ignored asking about purchasing*

Last edited by michiganer; 11-27-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:34 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you looked online to see if any in same shape are for sale or have sold.

Old 11-27-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by craby
have you looked online to see if any in same shape are for sale or have sold.
Yes I have. I have a general idea of what I think the value is from my research but I’m trying to see what others think so I can get to an average.

Old 11-27-2021, 03:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Well it has the RS option so that's a plus but putting a number on it with so little info is pretty tough. Even your geographical location makes a difference.
Knowing if it's the original engine and is rebuildable would be very important info as numbers matching original drivetrain parts are very sought after by restorers.
That alone extremely affects the value of the car. If it's the original engine and a true SS it will be a rare 1967 350,first year for the 350 engine and only available in the Camaro SS. It does look worth restoring but a lot of work needed obviously,that said it has a fair amount of value but just how much is hard to say without knowing more.
Could be a $5000 car could be a $15,000 car.

Old 11-27-2021, 04:00 PM
4th Gear Member

If the deck hasn't been resurfaced there should be a number stamped in the block in front of this head that can tell you a lot.
https://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/...asting_numbers

Old 11-27-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Y2Keglide
If the deck hasn't been resurfaced there should be a number stamped in the block in front of this head that can tell you a lot.
I’ve added some more info at the top. I will check to see if the number matches. Thanks!

Old 11-27-2021, 06:48 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

With the rag tops the body condition is relative to the rocker panels. Your Rockers are basically the frame of the car. If the rust on the rockers is bad enough that it will affect the structure they should be replaced. This is a major project. If you cannot prove number matching then the cost of a restoration starts to be tuff to justify. The fact there is a jack stand in the middle of the car is concerning.

If we assume the car is worth 45K numbers matching and about 30k non-numbers matching as a low-end professional restoration. You can buy a complete body door and rear deck for around 13.5K. If you do the math you can see how numbers matching is critical to the value of this car. The other option for buyers is to make it look nice and drop the body on an aftermarket chassis. In which case the car will never be a show car.

I would say the car is worth $7500 with a title/Vin as a parts-doner car. The rest of the value would come from "if the body/rockers are salvageable and weather is numbers matching (engine trans and rear) and is the motor locked up" The cost of repairing rocker panels should exceed the cost of the body.I mentioned and should not be attempted by amateur. The body would need to be completely disassembled and reassembled on a body jig.

After saying that a SS 1st gen is a rare car and you never know what someone's is willing to pay. It never hurt to start high and drop in price as you get tired of showing it. People who have not done their research ar not that hard to find.

I have the 67 RS/SS in my signature insured for 30k. She is a 20 footer that runs and drives better then new.

Last edited by Gorn; 11-27-2021 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:21 PM

I found the number. But it doesn’t match the vin at all. How do I know if it’s original to the car? It’s the only number I could find.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:48 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by michiganer
I found the number. But it doesn’t match the vin at all. How do I know if it’s original to the car? It’s the only number I could find.
Did you go to the link I posted?

Old 11-28-2021, 06:05 PM

Did you go to the link I posted?
I did. Honestly it doesn’t make a lot of sense. It tells you how to date the engine but not how I know if it matches my vin. I’m sorry, I’m not very good at this.

Quick Reply: Need help with value for 67 SS Project car