Need help! first gen camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Question Need help! first gen camaro

if i buy a dynacorn shell and build a completely new car not using used parts how do i get a vin, title then the car registered in say California.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Since you'd be scratch building a car with all new parts, you'll need to contact your DMV to apply for a "kit car" or "custom built" title. What you'll have is a new car that looks like the original, but it can't be titled as an original since it isn't one.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Since you'd be scratch building a car with all new parts, you'll need to contact your DMV to apply for a "kit car" or "custom built" title. What you'll have is a new car that looks like the original, but it can't be titled as an original since it isn't one.

Yea so basically it wouldnt even be a 67 camaro anymore it be like a 2014 kit car. Yea im not looking forward to a kit car title or having to pay smog on a car that should be titled under the 75 year maybe the best thing to do is buy a wreck with title & then buy a new Dynacorn body any suggestions

Old 06-04-2014, 10:17 AM
June 2010 ROTM
Ride of the Year 2010
ROTM Winner's Club

You would have to read up on your states laws but I would think you could go through the same channels that hot rodders do when they build like a 32 ford from a glass body and new frame. I think the only big hurdle is that those older cars the vin number is on the frame even from reputable aftermarket companies. Where as a dynacorn body is marketed as a replacement body and does not come with a manufacturer vin number.