Looking at a 1967 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Default Looking at a 1967 Camaro RS

I came across a 67 camaro locally about a month ago. Guy wants to sell it, but was getting title stiff worked out and has called me and told me its up for sale. Its a 67 Camaro RS with factory A/C, power steering and Power brakes. 327 automatic. Its on its original paint which was gold with a white vinyl top. Top is basically gone, but the rear window area is solid. Rear quarters need replaced and possibly the outter wheel well on the passenger side. doors are in great shape and passenger side fender has spots of rust. Havent gotten the trunk open yet because hes lost the keys, and it hasnt ran in years. Bench seat car, has teh hideaway headlights and all that. Assuming the motor is free and not locked up, what would a car like this bring? Ive dealt with old chevy trucks mostly but my father has chevelles and impalas so Im trying to get me an old chevrolet muscle car. Any input would be helpful.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM

Anyone?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

About $5k (+/-), being that it's sight-unseen. Could be more if it's nicer than you make it sound, or less if the car is equal to a trashed out roller. Do you have pictures?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd Look it over, wouldn't be a bad project, I'd take pictures of every Lil thing though and look over them b.c the picture might spot something you didnt see

Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Well i only have one picture and its not bery good. Its in some tight quarters, but everything is exactly how it sounds. Not trying ot make it sound better then it is or anything. Ive gotta separate the excitement of it being a 67 camaro rather than whats actually there. Its rough, but Ive seen worse. I know how much itll take to get it decent. Hes at 7,000 right ow which i think is a bit high on it. But heres this one picture I have that probably wont help much haha

PS how do i post a picture?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Upload the picture to a free storage site such as photobucket. Copy and paste the "IMG" code here.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What will help with the value is if it is an original car. Is it number matching and is it a real RS? The 67 has no secrets. There is a cowl tag on the fire wall that list all the original options. Don’t think just because it has been sitting a long time it is all original. People have been upgrading/modifiing these cars since the early 70’s. You may not care if it is an all original car but it effects the value. If it is an all original 327 RS that is all there his asking price may be reasonable. If he is missing the original engine or it is not a real RS then your 5K number may be closer.

With most older Camaros the underneath is worse then what is showing top side. Anyone who has done rockers and cab corners on a 60’s pick will have no issues patching the floor but this is a uni-body and the inner rear wheel well and frame sections may need replaced. This is a notch above most repairs you would ever see on a pickup since you are now dealing with “it needs to be right not just look right”. You get a frame rail in wrong and the car will be a do over. In my opinion it is more work to fix one that has been put together wrong then it is to just repair one that is rusted out.

If the car needs frame rail work it should drop the value.

Last edited by Gorn; 04-12-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:52 AM

Frame rails, floors and rockers have no rot through anywhere and I spent 35-40 minutes under it with a magnet and a screwdriver. I ran the numbers on it when I first saw and it all factory. Original motor, factory rs, etc. rear quarters and wheel wells worry me since I haven't gotten to see the trunk yet. But that's the plan this weekend

Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Then it may come down to how bad he want to sell it. If he was willing to wait he could get his asking price. My guess is he has researched it and knows what he has.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM

He got these cars from a guy not paying the rent on a storage unit that he owns. He also has a corvair and a 64 impala convertible ss with all the options. Guy didn't pay for a few years, took him to court and got everything in the unit. He has no interest in old cars, really into big trucks, but think he can get 15,000 for the impala which is I. About the same shape as the camaro. But he hasn't advertised them anywhere and they're just sitting. He recently moved them back to the storage units after they got inspected. He also wants 10 for the corvair. Prices are all over

Quick Reply: Looking at a 1967 Camaro RS