Just got first camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Default Just got first camaro

Im 18 and I just got my first 69 camaro for $100 yes its just a rusted shell on wheels im in tampa florida and I need to know if there are any salvage or junkyards in my area that have Camaro's that i can get body parts off of for a decent price or what website has the best prices? also wether i should get all new steel parts or switch to fiberglass. any tips or info and anything helpful will be greatly appretiated thank you so much
-John

Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
2nd Gear member

Hi John,

Welcome to the site.

There are a few things that you should consider before you start buying pieces, but the big thing is, what do you want to do with the car?
For me, my current 69 was fron the begining, going to be a big tired, race car with a big block, so I planned for that.

Once you know what you're going to do, next thing is budget.

There are quit a few places out there to get parts from. Rick's Camaro Parts is not far from you, then there is Classic Industires, D&R, Year One, but they're all over. I have a friend that lives in Florida and he's currently redoing his 69 SS and I'll ask him if there are any good places to deal with down there.

If it's going to be a street car, then I'd go with mainly steel body parts but you could add a fiberglass hood and deck lid if you wanted too.

If you decide to go with some fiberglass pieces, I can hook you up with a guy in NC that does awesome work and his prices are great. He makes some very nice cowl hoods and offers deck lids as well.

Post some pictures when you have time.

Bruce

Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM
2nd Gear member

enjoy and have fun with it buy lots of books/shop manuals they will help

Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Sweet find, classic industries is a very good place for resto parts, I've bought from year one also and had bad experience.. enjoy the rebuild

Old 04-13-2013, 08:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Does your car have a vin number still on it, and did you get a title/registration with it? If not, you wouldn't want to buy any parts until you have a clear proof of ownership.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome and good luck with your find.

BTW: Post some pic's when you can.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM

Thanks bruce69camaro I was planning on making it a street car dropping the front just a tad bit and putting bigger tiers on the back and yeah i have big plans for this car and ill be sure to check out any places you find out about from your friend that lives down here and i will be posting pictures very soon probably tomorow after school

Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Default my car

Welcome to Flickr!
Here's a link to my camaroy friends doin a pose on it lol but it is the best picture I have so far

Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 AM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by webchaser203
Welcome to Flickr!
Here's a link to my camaroy friends doin a pose on it lol but it is the best picture I have so far

There you go.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by slick's camaro

There you go.
Thanks I'm doin this from my Fone right now so its difficult