Inner structure

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Default Inner structure

Hi All, I am putting together a 69 vert, it needs complete rocker replacement. I have the rocker assembly. Does any one here have pics and tips on replacing. The car is gutted, and I will be bracing and cross bracing soon.I have measurements from a hard top, at the door openings. I just want to use the pics as a reference.
Thanks.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Car needs to be assembled on a Jig. Jigs can be made or bought. This is not a job for a beginner, I am not saying you are a beginner but as a general rule someone that does not know about the assembly jig is a long way for putting a rag top back together right.

Welcome

There is a couple a build DVD out there V8 TV did a big rag top build a few years ago.

The most critical part is where the Rocker meets the cowl/fire wall. If that is not right the car will not sit right or track.
Name:  CamaroJig.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  171.0 KB

Good luck

Last edited by Gorn; 06-06-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:02 PM

I hear you on the know what you're doing thing. I am a novice at bodywork. I definitely will be enlisting the services of others. This is an area I have been before, but as a grunt. I definitely be doing a lot more research on.