I REALLY like the Camaro! (from the other side of the Atlantic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Default I REALLY like the Camaro! (from the other side of the Atlantic)

Hi,

My name is Nuno and I'm from Portugal. For those who do not know where that is I'll explain so you don't have to go search it out It's in Europe, the first country in the Atlantic ocean. So if you were in New York looking at the ocean and had super eyes you would see Portugal on the other side!

Here in Portugal I have never seen a Camaro on the street but I really like this car!

I would like to buy one that actually works but would be very cheap. I would repair it later when I could afford it!

So my questions are:

1. What do you think is the lowest price for a Camaro, that works, I'm going to find?
2. SS and RS? What real diferences there are?
3. Will it be difficuld to buy Camaro parts in Europe?
4. How much petrol do this things "eat"? Petrol here is VERY expensive here. 1 US Gallon is 3.78L and that costs 5.17€ and that it $7.13!!!
5. As anyone ever shipped a car from USA to Europe by ship (across the Atlantic)?
6. Anyone know a shop or a person that would sell me a 1st generation Camaro with this "conditions" I said and be able to ship it to me in Portugal?

Sorry for the english, I did my best. Hope you understand me.

Thank you very much,

Nuno.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Default RE: I REALLY like the Camaro! (from the other side of the Atlantic)

Hello Nuno. I'm in the Navy and have cruised along your coast many times. I haven't had the priviledge of visiting your country but I hope I get the chance to on my next cruise.

First, I recommend monitoring Camaro sales on ebay for an idea of what they're selling for. There you can see various models of widely varying quality for a general idea of cost. Yes, they can be shipped but I have no idea of the cost. Any car you have shipped to your country may require modifications to meet local laws and standards.

RS or SS? They're two different things. RS is an appearance package, SS a performance package. They can be had together and make for a very nice Camaro. There's tons of Camaro info on the web so do some searching. The last time I drove a V8 1st Gen. Camaro with a 4 barrel carb regularly I think it got about 14 miles per gallon. Certainly no more than that. Not practical for a lot of driving at those fuel costs. Condition and tuning of the engine will determine that. You may do a little better. They're not nearly as fuel efficient as late model fuel injected cars.

You english is excellent. Better than lot of Americans, and that's no joke.

Enjoy your search.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea gas is a killer on those cars. If you can offord it great! but if not I suggest a 4th generation v6. A good daily driver in my opinion. What do you think about the 4th generations? I love them...but I cant say I wouldnt rather have a 69'.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:51 PM

SMoon67, I hope you get the chance to visit Portugal soon enought, it is a beautiful country with beautiful beaches.

Thank you for your're awnser. I now know what SS and RS mean. I had no ideia, I thought it were RallySport and SuperSport. At least I got one right!

The car would be to be driven only at weekend, at least for now. When I could afford it I would like to buy a new engine, much more efficient!

For know I just wanted to buy a 1st gen Camaro for the least money I could. It just had to drive so I could go with it to the beach at the weekend.

I'm going to search on eBay then. Thanks a lot!

camroadrenaline, I really like the 1st gen Camaro and that's the one I'm aiming for. Hope I can find one really cheap that drives! Thanks.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:19 PM

Nuno,
You're right about Rally Sport and Super Sport. That's what the initials stand for. Now you know a little about what they represent. Find some pictures online to see what they add to the car. My own 67 is an RS/SS so it has both. I especially like the hideaway headlights which is the most obvious part of the RS package.

Good luck in your search.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:01 PM

I would like to get at least a Camaro RS V8. If I could I would get the SS too.

Isn't it normal to see people here in the forums selling Camaros? Or people that know other people selling them?

Is it possible to find a Camaro 1st gen that actually work and drives on the street for $3000?

Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Not in this country!

Old 07-21-2007, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: jonnyNITRO

Not in this country!
What is the lowest price you think I can find for a 1st gen that drives?

Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: camroadrenaline

I suggest a 4th generation v6.
I think he was looking for a REAL Camaro. LOL J/K

Old 07-21-2007, 10:05 PM

Yes, I'm only interested in the 1st Gen Camaro!!!