How old is this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:48 AM
dbx
In the Staging Lanes
Default How old is this forum?

The reason I ask: This particular forum (1st Gen), seems to be pretty dead most of the time. I belong to a weight lifting forum and since I'm 48, I "live" in the Over 35 Forum which is considered the slowest, but there are literally hundreds of posts in there per day, and at least a half dozen threads started on the slowest days. But man, the entire weekend can go by here and nobody posts. And even week days are slow, and there appears to be only a few regular members who post here.

So what's up? Did this place just get started recently?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:17 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: How old is this forum?

i too was wondering the same thing. maybe thses dudes dont need much help.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
dbx
In the Staging Lanes

But any forum with some traffic beckons questions from new members and old alike. Not really complaining here, but I guess I've become somewhat of a forum junkie. On my other website, I'm always giving advice. On this site....I'm gonna be the one needing it

Again, I'm glad to be a member here, it just seems extraordinarily slow. It seems that the 2nd Gen forum is a bit busier, and I'm kind of surprised this forum isn't the busiest due to the popularity of the 1st gen Camaros.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:10 AM
May 2007 ROTM

Yes, things have been kind of slow, there are a few good 1st gen cars,and most of the members know their stuff..The forum is a few years old but still growing. The big problem is that there are few camaro's left so not many members to join up. If you get bored, just post in the off topic.Hang out have some fun. Things may pick up now that summer is here and the camaro's are out to play.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i agree most first gen owners tend to not need so much help.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:01 PM
dbx
In the Staging Lanes

Cool. I just hope you guys are around when I have a ton of questions. I am buying a 69' today. I actually agreed to buy it last week, but the power brakes were being added to it this past week. I'm having it transported to Atlanta and will probably receive it around the first of next week.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM
May 2007 ROTM

Cool, don't forget to post pic's, yeah we'll be here, The few 1st gen guys that know some stuff will be here as well.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 AM
3rd Gear Member

this forum, as a whole, is the slowest traffic forum I go to. I just try to come here often, to help people that are trying to do, or are going through things, that I've already been through a bunch of times

if I had someone to help me and give me the right advice when I started out, I probably would have saved thousands. most of the advice I used to get was bad, because it seemed to be mostly from people that never did anything the right way their whole life. I heard a lot of"band-aid" remedies and I still hear a lot even on this forum.

I do hear a lot of good stuff on hear too, but for you newbies it's sometimeskind of tough to tell the difference

Old 05-15-2007, 10:56 AM
dbx
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: 1969 SS

................but for you newbies it's sometimeskind of tough to tell the difference
I know what you mean. Even as little as I know about cars, fortunately, I can still distinguish those who do and don't know what they're talking about on any given subject. Your particular input here has been very helpful, and it's obvious to me that you know what you're talking about.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

It could also have to do with the fact that there arent that many 1st gens on the road anymore. It also has to do with the frequency that owners log on. I agree with the statement that summer time will bring more folks out.

Quick Reply: How old is this forum?