How do i make my 68 a z28?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:13 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default How do i make my 68 a z28?

I want to make my plain 68 a z28. What do i need to do to make it look exactly like a z-28. So that unless you knew what to look for you wouldnt know.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: How do i make my 68 a z28?

Bro, there is alot to do to clone it. I recomend buying a book about the history and/or the identification of 1st gen Camaro's. If you would rather use us a your resource you will be here a long time. Its more than what is simply in the white book. Obviously the 302 would be the first thing. Then the suspention stuff. If its all exterior then you will have an easier time but, to truly make it as numbers matching as possible will take time.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:27 AM
June 2007 ROTM

clone! huh.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:24 AM

Well, there are about 30,000 or so people out there that probably can help you. Here's about how it goes:

Forget the motor, because that's expensive. All you need is a glovebox decal for the correct tire inflation information, a couple of bucks for some emblems, a 4-speed conversion, and some four-piston front brakes and the correct rotors. Everything else that is then missing you can make up a B.S. story about as to where it went over the years... Just say you bought it from a friend's uncle, and the engine, radiator, transmission, and rear end were all blown up street racing.

Embellishing this street racing legend helps as well; make up a story about "yeah, this z/28 used to run like a big block, yada-yada..." You'll begood to go!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Iron_Balls_McGinty

Well, there are about 30,000 or so people out there that probably can help you. Here's about how it goes:

Forget the motor, because that's expensive. All you need is a glovebox decal for the correct tire inflation information, a couple of bucks for some emblems, a 4-speed conversion, and some four-piston front brakes and the correct rotors. Everything else that is then missing you can make up a B.S. story about as to where it went over the years... Just say you bought it from a friend's uncle, and the engine, radiator, transmission, and rear end were all blown up street racing.

Embellishing this street racing legend helps as well; make up a story about "yeah, this z/28 used to run like a big block, yada-yada..." You'll begood to go!
[sm=exactly.gif]hes right, an the 302 is any bla bla small block, stick the intake an air cleaner on with the right decals, your good to go

Old 08-01-2007, 02:09 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=badidea.gif] I don't know what's worse... sweetquads wanting to pretend he has a Z28 or your guy's advise.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 PM

Bad idea my ****...

Every Camullet out there at this point is suspect. Let's face it-- How many base motor, non-SS, RS,or Z/28 cars do you see when you go anywhere? Based on this, the guy is doing himself a disservice by NOT cloning the Z, especially if he has a '68.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
June 2007 ROTM

lol thats great!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Bad idea my ****...

Every Camullet out there at this point is suspect. Let's face it-- How many base motor, non-SS, RS,or Z/28 cars do you see when you go anywhere? Based on this, the guy is doing himself a disservice by NOT cloning the Z, especially if he has a '68.
Which is why I made mine as plain jane as I could. Everywhere I went in the area it was as you said, SS,RS, Z/28's but never just a regular looking Camaro.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:29 PM
February 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Excellent point Willie!
There are two ways to clone, if you are set on doing it. One is to badge the car and make a Camaro that looks like the original (tribute car). Or, actually duplicate the original with every part and then try to pass it off as original. The first shows taste. The second is downright criminal. If you want a Z car, buy one, if you want a plain Camaro buy that.

Quick Reply: How do i make my 68 a z28?