Home again

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Home again

Well I finally got my 67 rag top out of storage after 5 years in my sister in-laws garage. This maybe the longest resto project on record. I bought the car in 1992 and started to tear it apart for restoration. As the years went on, my interest faded and I slowly went on to other projects like boats. Eventually I put the car in storage at the inlaws house and kind of forgot about it. I went and looked at it a few months ago and all of a sudden a spark was lit and I decided to bring her home and start again. It actualy held up realy well while in her garage. Car has new GM fenders, inner fenders and rad cradle. All the floors are done, inner and outer rockers, outer wheel houses and quarters. I put a set of multi leafs in it but never liked the look, sat too high. I just ordered a new set of mono leafs for it and a new trunk pan. Still would like to replace the header panel also. Other than that, it needs putty work where the quarters went on and paint. I also have a NOS top frame to replace the rusty header bow too, change out the top too. I have the complete interior so thats no problem. Soooooo.... here we go again.

Wish me luck...........

Last edited by skidoodave; 12-04-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sooo... weres the pictures? lol. sounds like fun. good luck and welcome to the forum.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Maybe grab some tommorow if it's not snowing.......winter sucks....lol

Thanks for the welcome.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well, awsome news today. After not running for years I put a battery in the car and it turned over fine. I knew it wasn't seized as I could roll it over by hand so I tried the starter. I pulled the coil wire and cranked her for a bit to try and build some oil pressure. Put the wire back on and poured some gas down the carb, hooked a fuel line from the pump to a portable fuel tank and tried to start it. She wouldn't fire so I pulled the cap and gave the points a quick file job and put the cap back on. Turned the key and BAM...fired right up and sat there and idled perfect. Left it on high idle for a bit, the choke came off no problem after it warmed up and sat there running as smooth as my 91. Let it run for about a half hour, reved it a few times, no smoke...Wow.

Now I'm realy happy, time for beer and lots of them..........

Old 12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Very cool. Congrats on getting it to fire up and goodluck on getting your project underway and completed

Old 12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

That's great! Watch those fuel lines before you go back to the gas tank and lines again! Need to flush the tank and lines well, or they'll give you troubles. Mine turned to varnish inside and immediately washed out when I refilled the tank, and plugged up my new carb!
Good luck with your project!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like fun. Good luck to ya!

Attached Thumbnails Home again-camaro-060709.jpg  
Old 12-11-2009, 07:09 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Got my new springs yesterday, new pads and shackle kits too. Maybe get them in this weekend then start on the trunk floor. Sorry no pics yet, too much snow to push the car outside. Soon though I hope, it's supposed to warm up next week.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:14 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Welcome to the forums. patiently wating for pics.....

Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by cplthomas
Welcome to the forums. patiently wating for pics.....
Great picture! It's very nice and userful. Thank you so much for your post.

Quick Reply: Home again