Debut

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM
2nd Gear member
Smile Debut

Ok, so after much anticipation, I finally got the Camaro out last night for a night on the town!

What a blast! In the little town of Lapeer where I live by, we have an old theater where a local band was playing last night (3rd degree burns 3rd Degree Burns | Facebook )

The concert was fantastic and our family really has a blast! I couldn't believe how much attention the Camaro got after the show! There was an rat 67 Malibu with a 396 and an 80's blazer with flames parked beside me, and we really drew a crowd. One gal who has some impairments and attends our church's soup kitchen went completly google over the car, so of course I have her a little ride down the strip.

Downtown Lapeer on a Thursday night is pretty active. In front of the old courthouse, the local symphony plays and draws a few hundred people and just driving past them I was getting shouts, thumbs up and smiles. Going past the tattoo and piercing shop where all the juveniles hang out was pretty cool too.

I wish my wife or I would have taken some pictures, but anyway, my wife loved sitting in the front seat, and on the way into town was practicing her "float" wave Ummm... yeah. I do love my wife, but I asked her to kindly not do that My 17 year old daughter sat in the back seat just soaking it up.

What's horrible is I havn't finished the exhaust. I'm running dynomax mufflers and they dump just before the rear axle. It's deafening inside the car and at about 1500 rpm it's got so much bass, it catches your voice and distorts it. Hard to explain, but weird. Daughter said her feet were doing funning things while sitting in the back seat, but then,... her feet were about 3 inches above the muffler

Ohh, one last story. Pulled into the gas station and a kid with a 5.0 Mustang was at the pump next to me. He was a young kid and his car was ... well, what do you expect for a 19 - 20 year old? You get the picture. I could tell right away he felt embarrassed about his car, so I shouted over, "nice car, it's got a lot of potential" just to break the ice. It was a fun conversation and he ended with, "I'm starting to really like Camaro's"

He started is car, gave it a little rev. I started my car (turn of the key, no gas) and I think I heard a snicker from some teens hanging out in front of the gas station On the outskirts of town, I got some pretty good 2nd gear rubber, and the kid with the mustang? Somehow or another he was turning around, saw me and put his arm out the window with a big thumbs up and you could see him shouting with a big smile on his face

Had a blast! I think this is something I could get used to

Last edited by StoveBolts; 07-01-2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: typing errors
Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM
2nd Gear member

Sounds like you had a really great time with car, hopefully many more times

Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by carguy68ssrs
Sounds like you had a really great time with car, hopefully many more times
Car, wife and daughter Only thing missing was my son who's at Camp. It doesn't get much better than that on a warm summer night!