Convertible Sub-frame connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Default Convertible Sub-frame connectors

I'm looking at installing a set of Hotchkis sub-frame connectors and possibly their X brace as well. Has anyone had any experience with using these? As far as being visible, will they stick out below the rockers a whole lot? Or will they be fairly flush? Thanks for any information.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Would like to know the answer to that myself.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:27 PM
1st Gear Member

They hang down with about 2" visible from a side angle, keep in mind you may have to "work the floor plans" a little so break out the jack stands.

That pic sucks big time....guess you'll have to check my profile.

Last edited by shevrolay; 05-21-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Thanks for the reply shevrolay. Looks like it might be close to about how far long tube headers hang down, The set I'm looking at says you don't have to do anything to the floor pans...but you know how that goes, not everything fits perfect.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Ya....mine said the same thing too! You don't have to do it, but I bought a set from Comp. Eng. and they were bolt ins...so I bolted them in...then welded them. I'd also recommend replacing your subframe bushing before installing subframe connectors. Stay away from aluminum bushing unless you want to keep your chiropracter in business. Polygraphites work great and it's an easy install with a floor jack and 2 x 4. Do one side and then do the other, make sure to coat them with lithium grease.

As well yank your stock 1/2 front sway bar and get 1.25 with pg bushings. Quickor makes a damn good bar, when everything is done go hammer a corner and you'll instantly notice the difference.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tk421
I'm looking at installing a set of Hotchkis sub-frame connectors and possibly their X brace as well. Has anyone had any experience with using these? As far as being visible, will they stick out below the rockers a whole lot? Or will they be fairly flush? Thanks for any information.
TK421 – Our subframe connectors for the convertible are very strong and will greatly increase the performance of your car. The convertibles usually lack the confident driving feel of the coupes. These subframe connectors give the strength and confidence you really want in a performance car. They don’t hang down too low. In fact the mufflers are typically much lower than the connectors. Ours are the only ones on the market that don’t require removal of the rear spring and still allow you to remove the springs after installation. Some block the removal completely.

Hotchkis Subframe Connectors are the only units on the market that are designed specifically to hug the contours of the underside of the car, tucking up tight so they are very stealth. For convertibles we also offer a Chassis Max brace that helps strengthen convertibles.

Here’s the page with additional images and you can download the instructions to see more installation details. LINK

From the images, you can see how close the connectors tuck up against the floor without cutting.

Here’s a video of installing our subframe connectors on a second gen Camaro. It is a very similar installation on your car.

YouTube - ‪70-74 Camaro Hotchkis Subframe Connectors Install /Narration‬‏

Last edited by Hotchkis; 06-06-2011 at 09:31 PM.