Clubs or locations to find specific engines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Clubs or locations to find specific engines?

In the modern day of information sharing, there must be a business or club that helps to locate engine blocks. Is anyone aware of surch a place? Or are there Camaro clubs that help with that issue?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Droid
Default RE: Clubs or locations to find specific engines?

If youare looking for a use dengine block, you can go to a good junk yard. If they don't have what you are looking for, they can locate what you want within a day through the salvage yard network that most of them belong to.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Are you talking about finding the original engine for your car, like THE original one?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 AM
1st Gear Member

That is the best case scenario, and a pipe dream for sure. But think about it; if you have a non matching motor in you car, whatever it may be, that motor has the greatest value to only 1 person. The person that owns it's original birthplace, the car it came in from gm. Example; I am looking for a 350 Camaro engine produced in early March, 1969. Given that I found one that fits that description, it is worth x dollars to me. If THE numbers matching motor was available to me, it would surely bring 2-3 times the dollars from me, and I would pay it. It has great value-added power for my car. There is money to be made here. Just need the facilitator in place.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I'M ALL FOR THE IDEA, ALSO. I HAVE A '69 BIG BLOCK CONVERTIBLE. I WOULD GIVE JUST ABOUTANYTHING TO FIND THE ORIGINAL BLOCK THAT CAME IN THE CAR. I'VE TRIED DOING A TITLE SEARCH TO FIND PREVIOUS OWNERS, BUT TO NO AVAIL. IF SOMEONE WERE TO START AN ONLINE REGISTRY LISTING VIN'S OF ENGINES THAT SOMEONE MIGHT SELL, WE COULD POSSIBLYREUNITE THE BIRTH-CAR WITH IT'S INTENDED. UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE NO SUCH SKILLS. I WISH WE CHEVY GUYS HAD SOMEONE LIKE THE MOPAR GUYS HAVE IN GALEN GOVIER. HE RUNS A DOCUMENTED REGISTRY OF RARE AND ORIGINAL MOPARS.