Anyone interested in Corvette trade ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Anyone interested in Corvette trade ?

I just completed a complete body off restoration on a 68 Corvette convertible. Triple black 4 speed with side exhausts . Over $25,000. in real dollars invested and that does not include labor, since it was done in my professional restoration shop. Due to back problems , it sits too low for me to drive and it is hard for me to get in and out so I am considering trading it for a 67-69 Camaro Convertible . ( Preferably a 4 speed ) If you have an interest, email me and send pictures and general information to bj1k@nauticom.net Tell me that you saw this on the Camaro Forum .

Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

TRADE PENDING on 69 SS RS and cash.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Still up for trade

Originally Posted by Man In Black
TRADE PENDING on 69 SS RS and cash.
This vette is still for trade. I called off the trade. The guy was not truthful about the authenticity of the car.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have done a fair amount of work on a 68, is really that much lower them my 67. I would guess 4 inchs? The seat in my 67 might as well be park benchs. No low lumbar support at all.

What State are you in?

Old 09-12-2010, 07:53 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gorn
I have done a fair amount of work on a 68, is really that much lower them my 67. I would guess 4 inchs? The seat in my 67 might as well be park benchs. No low lumbar support at all.

What State are you in?
Believe me , I have drove many of both in my business and have owned both . The Corvette is much harder to get in and out with back problems. It is not only the seat height, but the distance forward and back combined with the low height. Thats why they have re-designed the newer corvettes. It was a common complaint by a lot of people. You asked what state ? Pittsburgh suburbs, PA.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have not been in a Vett since I hurt my back. When your a kid you don't even notice stuff like it hard to get out of. I would love to have a 68 Vett but I would most likey be in the same boat as you. Also my 67 RS/SS mostly original but does not have the numbers matching 350 in so its value is on the wrong side of 20K these days. To me it looks like a good deal for some lucky Camaro owner.

Ironicaly Way back when I worked on that 68 it was at a dealer. He had taken the 68 on trade. He offered a straight up trade for my 74 Z cause it needed work. I called my dad to get the title out of the safe. He told me to get and insurance quote. Agg I am glad I did. Now that I old enough to get insurance at a resonable price I have a bad back.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I have both, and with a Vette (my C4 is worse than my C3) you more climb in and out of. With the Camaro, you can slip in and out...

Old 09-13-2010, 08:18 AM
December 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I have a 68 vette vert and a 68 camaro coupe and the vette with the top done to me seems much easier to get in and out of!!
maybe the 68 camaro verts are easier???

Old 09-13-2010, 01:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by burnt68
I have a 68 vette vert and a 68 camaro coupe and the vette with the top done to me seems much easier to get in and out of!!
maybe the 68 camaro verts are easier???
Yes, but how old are you ? When I was in my thirties I had another 68 vette convertible and had no problems. Now at 61 and back problems everything is different. putting the top down makes it a little easier but the distance between the steering wheel and the rear door jamb is less in a Corvette combined with it sitting lower. There must be some old guys with back problems that will confirm what I am saying.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I have to watch my back, never been the same since I threw it out years ago. It definitely is easier to jump in and out of my 92 Vette with the top down. I always use the butt in the seat, swing legs in/out method. I do that both for my back's sake, and for the seat, so that I'm not dragging across the bolster.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in Corvette trade ?