AC compressor lt1

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Default AC compressor lt1

I have an lt1 motor in a 69 z28 and now want to add AC. Is there any body out there that has done this? Compressor mounting has so far, not been very optimistic. Corvette brackets? aftermarket? HELP!

Old 05-09-2015, 09:15 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

what kind of belt system do you have?

Old 05-10-2015, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by craby
what kind of belt system do you have?
Engine, tranny, computer, drive system, ect. came from 94 roadmaster. Serpentine belt is short answer.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:29 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

moved your thread to the first generation general section. hoping one of the guys here has some ideas for you. so ac mount from road master won't work?

Old 05-11-2015, 06:12 AM

The A-arm on right side limits the amount of space where compressor is intended to be with that bracket system. Do you have any suggestions for getting this issue in front of more people? I am betting there is some body out there that has solved this it.

Last edited by plozier; 05-11-2015 at 06:18 AM. Reason: More thoughts came after hitting the go key
Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by plozier
The A-arm on right side limits the amount of space where compressor is intended to be with that bracket system. Do you have any suggestions for getting this issue in front of more people? I am betting there is some body out there that has solved this it.

Been awhile since I installed a LT1 in a 1st Gen F-body/2nd Gen X-body, IIRC You can just notch & plate the crossmember & compressor will fit....But the hoses are still a PITA.

92-96 C4 Vette brackets are you best choice, Just make sure to get EVERYTHING, There are a lot of parts to a Vette accessory drive.

March Performance has a accessory drive kit March Performance Chevy LT-1 Style Track, Expensive for what it is, Have to run "Speed Density" or run an ugly adaptor for the mass air flow.

Stay away from Street & Performance brackets, They are junk.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 PM

Yes the cross member, not the A-arm. Any possibility of moving the motor enough to accommodate the compressor? Any recollection of the amount of trim on the cross member? March Performance system about $2000

Old 05-12-2015, 10:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by plozier
Yes the cross member, not the A-arm. Any possibility of moving the motor enough to accommodate the compressor? Any recollection of the amount of trim on the cross member? March Performance system about $2000

Back to the engine perch for F-body LTI accessories, B-body accessories space a little farther forward.
I do not know actual dimensions, Not that I ever kept track.

Moving the engine forward effects handling & weight transfer, Not a good idea.

Keep in mind the rear of the compressor needs a brace, And needs to be modified to work with your stock engine mount. Do you have the stock B-body compressor brace?

Old 05-13-2015, 08:22 PM

At the time of the robbery of the other car I had no intention of AC, now the car is gone,although there are some other guys in the area that have kept parts better than I have. I think I am going to succeed getting compressor ect. from one of them. Where do you call home?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Fort Worth, Texas

Quick Reply: AC compressor lt1